Your Ad Could Be Here

RUSTON KELLY (Dirt Emo)

Oh I don't know where to begin! After not having a job for 4 weeks, struggling financially, and the Nashville tornado hitting 15 miles from where I live, it's been an emotional month.

I had bought the Ruston Kelly ticket back in September when I had a job. There is sat on my Ticketmaster app for 6 months. Last night, this brokeass girl went out for dinner (on a gift card from Christmas) and went to the best concert. I sang, I dance, and I cried!

Ruston's dad, TK plays the steel guitar in the band, and his sister sings harmony too.

Bad news was my phone battery was on at 40% when I got to the #RymanAuditorium and because I was dancing and singing my pics and videos are not very good. But hey! you have to live in the moment not your phone.

I bought an LP and one of the vinyl sides is blank with his signature "Mocking bird" logo on it. OH MY! it is so subtle and stunning I want to hang it on my wall. But no,  the Ryman Auditorium Poster I bought with the nights info on it will have to take that honor on my wall. (Pic of that to follow)

If you haven't heard of Ruston Kelly, go to youtube and listen/watch some of my favorites:  "Pretty Little Mocking Bird", "Just For The Record" (which his wife Kacey Musgraves sings harmony on) "Faceplant" "Dying Star" Some of these songs are about his recovery from addiction. They come from a dark place I can only imagine... It's his amazing lyrics and dynamic melodies that draw me in and make me forget I'm older and should act properly. I can just be me.

He has so many lines in his songs where I say to myself "I wish I had written that line" or "Damn, that is an incredible line"

Ruston Kelly March 6 2020 pic D.jpg

Ruston Kelly March 6 2020 pic.jpg

Archived