Your Ad Could Be Here

MP3/CD

My teen's friend copied my analog song onto a CD. This is not fullproof! (Digital I mean). It's lower, is it possible it could be a half step lower? Maybe my ears are hypeR sensitive tonight. But it's also slower, to the point where I'm wondering if I'll have to compensate when recording the mix onto my tape deck by using the pitch control. I hate pitch control.

The good news is I'm listening to the mix as I type, my first thing on any computer. Husband is trying to figure out how to convert this "ripped" CD file into an MP3...my question is, could it somehow be sent as an ordinary audio file (which it's on the computer as)?

I guess something was wrong in the process... maybe you used the tape from the recorder and play it in another tape machine to record it into the PC?

the bad thing about tape machines is that almost always you have speed problems... each running at different speeds.

also you gotta be sure to record at 44.100 on the pc if you're planning to get that on cd, otherwise you'll have some other problems like aliasing...

my advice is: record into the PC directly from YOUR original tape recorder (where you did the recording).

good luck!!

Edited by hariossa

that means sample rate, red book CD standard states that the audio sample rate must be at 44100 Hz, when recording in digital domain higher sample rate means better quality sounding, because the machine takes samples of the sound more often, so if your PC can take it, you can go up to 96kHz on each track, but then you must downsample the mix to red book standard, if not, you may get the "aliasing" effect, which I experienced when I first started recording at 48kHz... HERE you can read a very good explanation about this terrible thing...

If you can believe it, I found Hari's link helpful.

He figured out how to convert to MP3! Now I just need to know for myself how to convert from analog to CD - on my original deck like you said, Hari.

try pluggin' a stereo cable from the mix out of the tape recorder to the stereo in of the computer's sound card, you can use any audio editor to record, like audacity, then take that wave and record it to cd with Nero or the cd burning software that comes with your cd burner. as I said, be sure to record at 44.1kHz.

of course you can edit the file you record, like doing some eq, multiband compression... or simply normalize it.

Steve may explain this better... :rolleyes.gif

cheers!! [smiley=acoustic.gif]

Hey Hari! Thanks for the info - it'll be reference tho cause I've no sound card. Also, I still have no idea how to connect the computer to the 4-track when they're three rooms away from each other! At least they're on the same storey of our house!

**But PS: I'm listening to the MP3 and why I do NOT know, but the tempo and pitch are as they were originally! I may just send this one, it's adequate - in fact, I'm almost PLEASED!

Good luck solving the pc freeze. That is very sad news about HH... :(