Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi everyone, I'm Asher!

Asher123

• Noob

Hey everyone!

I'm super excited to join the forum! I just graduated from college with a degree in music composition. Throughout college, I wrote contemporary classical music (see here: , but now I'm finding myself more passionate about writing songs instead. I've come a long way as a composer/arranger, but I think my lyrics could use a good bit of work. I'm trying to be dedicated to practicing them, and I think having a community to be a part of would both motivate me and improve my songwriting skills!

1. Do you sing, play an instrument or instruments?

I've taken lots of cello lessons, and I've taught myself guitar- I've been playing both for about 11 years! I also sing and am working on my piano playing now.

2. Are you in a band or bands?

In high school I used to be in a band called the Neat Denices haha. I played guitar and sang in the band, we played indie/psychedelic rock. 

3. Do you write songs?

I write music and lyrics! Other than fleshing out songs with my old band, I've never done collaborative songwriting.

4. Do you record your music?

I do! I have one microphone, a guitar amp and pedalboard, a keyboard, and an audio interface.

8. What are your ambitions?

I want to start another band and make albums and tour and fun stuff like that!

9. Do you draw/paint/write stories/computer art/dance or other creative pursuit?

Nothing other than music, really!

10. What would you like to get out of Songstuff?

I'd like to have a space where I can get serious constructive criticism, and a community of people who are also passionate about songwriting. 

Here's a composition I wrote for my undergraduate degree:

And here's a song I wrote, recorded, produced, and performed in high school!

Once again, I'm excited to be here!

• Like 1

Hi ,welcome to songstuff ,this is the place that will really help at your goal of developing your songwriting. You can go to lyrics critique, it's very helpful forum to show your lyrics, and see what other songwriters think .

I liked your music but I am not sure about the genre though. I didn't understand anything in the second track. 

Anyway ,can't wait to see your other work .

Welcome Asher. I’m only a wordsmith. Don’t play and not much of a singer. My goal is to get some of my lyrics recorded but I’ll be glad to help you with your lyrics any way I can  I worked with a young poet once who was basically just throwing words together. I rewrote about sixteen lines thinking he’d be insulted. He thanked me. A few years later he won Poet of the month on his own. I know lyrics are not just poems but I sometimes get inspiration. Hope you find what you want

Hi Asher,

Welcome to Songstuff! Good introduction information. Congrats on your graduation.  Nice compositions and creative arrangements. Enjoyed them alot. Since you mentioned your lyrics,  we have the critique boards for lyrics and songs, etc. That you might want to check out. If you need help with anything just ask.  

Great to have you join in.  See you around the boards.

Peggy