Your Ad Could Be Here

Collection Of Great Tutorials

john

Hey Gang

I thought it might be a good idea to use this board to pull together any great performance tutorials we find. We should do similar on the Songwriting Discussion board and the Recording and Production board for those topics :)

The Songstuff YouTube Channel also includes pllaylists of useful videos. Gathering tutorials will help us to build those playlists:

Songstuff Tutorial Playlists
Guitar Tutorials

Piano Tutorials

Bass Tutorials

Drum Tutorials

• Like 1

Good stuff!

"it's not that we liked all the songs" and she rolls her eyes hahahaha

her last lines are great too!........amazing lady right there!  I knew of her,  just legends :) some of those basslines.....man!

Of course she got run out of places, actually knew wtf she was talking about!  I bet she was real impressed with how many "followers" people had too hahahah

Oh MY!.....that thing sounds amazing!  can tell he's done nothing fancy to recording either when you hear him talk, or well da da ta da ta.......that's just a mic up it's hole ;) or nearby.  Couple really cool rhythms in a short vid too.........I will check out more of his stuff, I'm sure he gets into using that sound hole like a trumpet mute as well ;) 

Yeah you'd think drum circles would be peaceful places ;) Most cases you'd be thinking wrong hahahah.  

This is some handy stuff, most who've played awhile already know, but this quick video would of saved me some years. 

and stuff I already do, just didn't know the names of it until watching hahaha

Edited by Cody

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/8/2020 at 1:44 PM, Patchez said:

Listen and learn? (Head phones please...) 

[ My favorite is the one on the Salt Lake Flats, Utah. They left a $10,000 acoustic grand out there overnight, but, really, -- who was gonna take it ;) and, Yamaha didn't mind. ]

That might be my favorite music video I've seen in a long time!

I have seen a guy rolling a trampoline down the street he had just stolen(I didn't ask, but pretty positive that was the case hah!)...be a little tougher with a grand piano! Need at least 3 or 4 buddies.  

While definitely in no means a great tutorial.........this is a how-to of not to make a tutorial on something you yourself had to be shown every step of the way....the term pulling teeth comes to mind ;) .....love how she keeps saying I learned how to.....no you haven't learned anything yet hahah except a very common exercise to check your tuning ;) 

I understand we all have to learn things differently......but wow! just wow :) thought I'd share, this popped up in my recommended videos for some unknown reason.......great metic youtube :) a

Here's one that's actually helpful ;) from a guy that knows a thing or three

Edited by Cody