Your Ad Could Be Here

Best free video making program! Is there one?

The more this lockdown Covid thing progresses the more I see people turning out video's to go along with their new songs. I know squat about how to do it and have no idea where to start but I feel like if I'm going to continue to write and record I need to learn at least the basics.  Does anyone have any suggestions on an easy to use program that could get me started?  A something free would great since I'm not planning to do this on a regular basis.  Oh, and I don't have a smart phone, my little flip phone is all I've ever needed and it doesn't do all that fancy stuff....so that's not an option for me.

Thanks,

Moptop

Are we talking a livestream/webcam style video or going out filming + webcam + stock footage set up?

What do you have.. Mac or PC?

2 hours ago, john said:

Are we talking a livestream/webcam style video or going out filming + webcam + stock footage set up?

What do you have.. Mac or PC?

I use a PC. I'm not interested in doing any livestream stuff.  I just want something easy to use for putting to together a simple video to use with some of my songs.  Nothing heavy duty at all.  I have Movie Maker which I've tried and it's tedious and fiddly to work with (which is what was most reviews said about it) and has very limited capabilities and effects. I only have a small Kodak digital camera that will do videos which gives excellent quality results but it does not have the ability to hook directly to a computer live. I have to import everything from the camera or directly from the memory card.  

I did read a few reviews and watched a few videos on a program called "OpenShot" that got favorable props and seemed to be easy to use. I spend enough time in creating my songs as it is.....not that I'm complaining mind you cause I do enjoy it....I just can't wrap my head around having to spend that much or more time on a short 3 minute video, time that could be spent on making more music!!  

Yeah, and "stock footage",  I guess there are sites that offer free pics and clips? Any suggestions on where to go for this?

Thanks.

1 hour ago, Patchez said:

(I almost want to get an old box, keep it offline from updates and use the old good stuff that used to be there, -- just, ---- I have a IRL job, so, time is limited for all of this, -- so fast, cheap and convenient, -- my want matrix :) ) 

Yeah, I know what you mean.  I feel some of the old stuff was simpler to use and did what we needed just fine.

On 7/5/2020 at 7:49 PM, AntonelaG said:

3D pipeline, modeling, rigging, animation, simulation, rendering, compositing, and motion tracking, video editing, and game creation.

Antonela, 

thanks for the suggestion.  I'll check it out!   Now about all this stuff you mentioned above...I have no idea what most of that is so it looks like I've got a lot to learn for sure.  But if it will do all that I'm sure it will work for me and the basic stuff I'm wanting to do

Archived