Your Ad Could Be Here

Live performance in the age of covid

• Noob

Hi all, 

One of the things I have missed the most amidst the pandemic has been live music.  I'm sure I'm not alone. I realize though that however much that hurts it is a far cry from the hurt being experienced by working musicians.

With that in mind and in the spirit of finding better solutions, I am trying to get a better understanding of if/how these folks are reaching fans, and if they are able to make any income from it. In particular, I'm interested to know if/how video streaming has played a role. If you fall into this group and can spare a couple minutes, I would greatly appreciate it if you could take this survey I have put together. Link is below. And if you have any questions, feel free to reach out to be directly! 

http://shorturl.at/ouGY3

Many thanks!

Matt

• Noob

Hey @Patchez,

I am a musician but I play as a hobby - guitar and some violin and piano (learning). I live in the Boston area in the United States. I'm also a technologist. I've been building software and companies for 20 years. So I am asking as someone who doesn't work in the industry right now but is frustrated to see venues and musicians closed and struggling, respectively, and wondering if there is a way I can use my skills and experience to help. I don't know all the current solutions or how to make them better yet. That's why I'm asking :) I want to listen and learn. As much as I enjoy resources like Spotify, I also don't like that artists feel at the mercy of an industry that many seem to believe needs to change, so if there is any rubric at this point, that is it. More empowerment and more stability for artists, venues, etc. 

Hope that helps some. 

Cheers,

Matt

I don't know about @Patchez but I wasn't expecting any response! Kudos!

There's some here that do do(heh) live streaming, one in particular @fasstrack did one last night, but was relegated to FB, something I refuse to sign up or even use anyone elses sign-up for.....There does have to be much better ways! Other than your own website and having to put up the costs for all the hosting/advertising/etc.....Interesting discussion.

Archived