Your Ad Could Be Here

Alt metal female singer/lyricist

UrganNagru

• Noob

Hello everyone, I am a classically trained singer with a foundation in musical theatre and operatic arias. I've loved symphonic metal and rock opera since I first heard Phantom when I was about 5 years old and I have recently formed a band with my insanely skilled guitarist friend/housemate to try and mash it all together.

Although I have experience in performance, writing lyrics and coming up with vocal melodies is a brand new challenge for me, as is using a microphone to record since I have a big voice and haven't really used one before now. I never realised how difficult the recording and mixing process is and I have so much newfound respect for everyone in that industry because it is bloody hard and I still can't mix my vocals right lol.

I'm a keen digital artist and I've done everything art and designwise for the band so far. I really love working in impasto oil paint style, it's so free and unpredictable. I also love writing fantasy because the world sucks and I'm a sucker for a bit of eldritch power tripping. I have a BA in English Lit and Japanese, the Japanese isn't so useful but I think the English (mainly studied Old English and poetry) has really helped me develop style of storytelling through lyrics.

My biggest hang up is probably that I'm a perfectionist which often can get in the way of having fun with the material. I really hope I can get over the imposter syndrome eventually.

Anyway, that's me. Looking forward to getting stuck in and hopefully learning loads, thank you!

• Like 1

On 8/13/2020 at 10:37 PM, UrganNagru said:

Hello everyone, I am a classically trained singer with a foundation in musical theatre and operatic arias. I've loved symphonic metal and rock opera since I first heard Phantom when I was about 5 years old and I have recently formed a band with my insanely skilled guitarist friend/housemate to try and mash it all together.

Welcome :)

As a classical trained Phantom fan, maybe you can help me settle an long running dispute.

Gerard Butler is the best Phantom. My other half not only disagrees, but laughs at me.

I feel I may still be on the losing side of this argument 😄