Your Ad Could Be Here

Ableton question

Basic question but struggling to find an answer on Google (probably because I don't know the correct terms when searching)

Is there a way with Ableton to insert 'empty space' at the end of a track? After mastering and exporting the track it cuts out sharply at the end, rather than the pleasant feedback fade out when the track plays within the DAW.

Figured a workaround by using Audacity to fade out track but wondered if I am missing a simple trick in Ableton.

Hi

I don’t use Ableton , but I would of thought once you export the track then it would be in Wav format. You could drop it back into Ableton & do a Fade Out on the last part of the Audio file

This is what I do in Cubase I just highlight the last Bar of the audio & Fade it

Hope it helps

subvibe

Yeah @subvibe idea should work, I don't use ableton either, so not sure of any of its little nuances,  I toyed with it a bit and realized very quickly it wasn't for me......but there should be a way with it without having to export the file and then re-open it solo, or use another program hahaha,  or else why is it so highly lauded? hmmmmm I dunno......... when so many of the freebie versions of ones Cakewalk/StudioOne/Reaper/ those are just the few I've tried and liked and had no problems with, but etc,etc, etc......... have been pleasantly straight forward and more than capable, but I'm new to DAW's myself so apparently I just don't know what I'm talking about ;)  Yeah, if you mean struggling with something that makes absolutely no sense for months/years when options aren't a problem.........then yeah I don't know :D

but they.... I think.... purposefully make those things too complex I have my theories, but for whatever reason hahaha.  goodluck!

Yeah I wasn't a huge fan of reaper, but it is friendly on the budget hahaha.  I did toy with the newest cubase trial version a bit...it was for sure better than most with its being fairly straight forward, am slowly growing pretty fond of StudioOne, will re-evaluate some others if I ever actually spend any money on one, I rarely use plug-ins so the fully functioning no time limit version of studio one while not allowing 3rd party plug-ins comes with enough fully adjustable standards to satisfy any small midi-needs I ever want.  have also been delving into Jeskola Buzz recently.........it's a rabbit hole like none other(being at the time unfamiliar other than in theory of tracker programs), that I'm quite enjoying the absolute versatility of.... even with just all the  Native trackers it has, could toy with it for years and still find new sounds, really fairly easily adjustable on the fly as well, I imagine especially with a much better midi controller than I have(a foot one would be nice, know a guy that does some amazing live stuff with just that/guitar)..........Will keep Cubebase in mind before or if I ever pay for anything haha. 

Tried a few DAWs but found Ableton made most sense to me initially as computer software...got lost installing and using VSTs in the others.  The more I learn though, the easier I might find it to use other platforms and another DAW could be better for me. 

Can't recall if i tried Cubase so will keep that in mind :)

Archived