Your Ad Could Be Here

The Battle of New Orleans (Johnny Horton Cover)

geographyhorse

even when i was a little kid and heard that song I remember asking somebody...........why didn't he just say hell? I mean we all know what he meant

and he did just talk about exploding an alligator like a cannon and killing people...........I thought murder was against the 10 commandments? hahahaha 

shared that with some pretty hard core old timey country fans, they quite enjoyed it as well :D 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Cody said:

even when i was a little kid and heard that song I remember asking somebody...........why didn't he just say hell? I mean we all know what he meant

and he did just talk about exploding an alligator like a cannon and killing people...........I thought murder was against the 10 commandments? hahahaha 

shared that with some pretty hard core old timey country fans, they quite enjoyed it as well :D 

The alligator thing still cracks me up. My grandpa used to wake me up at the butt crack of dawn when I'd visit and he'd drive me around. He'd then say "Now, this is real music" and put in his Johnny Horton tape. So, yeah, it brings back memories for me. 😂