Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello keyboardist here

Kayakmoose

• Noob

Hello.

My name is Andy. I started playing when I was 11. My dad purchased a technics E33 organ for me and I loved it. I went through the grades but became really fed up with playing the type of music required to impress an examiner. In a teenage strop I quit.

Then I found synths. My first was a Roland JD800. It was fantastic. Then disaster struck. I got married. She hates everything about electronic music so I stopped playing.

Luckily for me the bitch had an affair which left me free to start playing again. Then disaster struck again. I injured my left elbow which in turn left my left hand slightly paralysed. I gave up playing and sold the JD.

That was 20 years ago.  In 2018 I met a surgeon who reckoned he could fix my fingers and with nothing to loose I agreed to the surgery. Weeks of physio and now my left hand is pretty good. Not as good as it once was but at least now I can play chords again.

I decided to get back in the saddle and purchased a Korg Triton. Last year I bought a Triton extreme and have been playing now for 2 years solid.

My influences are Tangerine dream, Jean Michel jarre, vangelis, Mike oldfield, kraftwork, anything electronic.

I hope to meet and work with others as my technical knowledge around sequencers and samplers is limited. I have some good ideas and plenty of bad ones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kayakmoose said:

I have some good ideas and plenty of bad ones.

Welcome! and my favorites are always the bad ideas :D 

Those Korgs are nice! I've been drooling over an 88 key one for quite some time, it's on a wishful thoughts list,  but a little ways down :D 

5 hours ago, Kayakmoose said:

That was 20 years ago.  In 2018 I met a surgeon who reckoned he could fix my fingers and with nothing to loose I agreed to the surgery. Weeks of physio and now my left hand is pretty good. Not as good as it once was but at least now I can play chords again.

and yeah congrats on that, I play mostly guitar anymore but sliced my left hands fingers pretty good 3-4 years ago, I could still play with 1 finger and thumb, or a slide, but it took my heart out of it for awhile.  Really just got back into it a little over a year ago now, still don't quite feel my left hand is back to where it was, but getting there, best of luck to you! 

Oh and @Patchez I did find this really cool little free synth modulator for android, it's $5 for the record option(which you can still do free out of HP out) haven't tested it through an actual stereo to see how it actually sounds yet,  and $.99c for some of the extra sound packs,  does some drum machine stuff too have a full array of manipulations and touch pads........ still a little bit ticked off at myself I don't really need another rabbit hole, but probably about to be using it quite a bit hahaha.