Your Ad Could Be Here

Vocal Channels

At the moment I can't give you any names (at work), but as I have found out through visiting some studios, you get what you pay for. The high end models are light years ahead of the so called affordable ones. Some of the cheaper models do little or nothing, at least for the average listener.

Tom

I'm sorry. As you may have noticed my contribution to SongStuff has amounted to nothing more than a hill of poop.

Anyway, here goes.

The brands that I have heard include the following.

APHEX

Focusrite

AVALON DESIGN

PreSonus

ART

UNIVERAL AUDIO

I am a proud owner of one of the cheap models which go for about $200 and has an actual worth to me of about $5. Cheap = Junk as I have learned.....the hard way.

What I have noticed about the ones that really turned my crank is they have the following controls:

• Tube ot tube emulation compression.
  • Limiter
  • Parametric EQ - overlaping = probably made the most difference.
  • Mic & line inputs.

Now, before I go any further I'll tell you I don't own any of these..................................yet.

The only reason I haven't purchased one yet is because most in my price range are single channel. As time goes by the stereo or multi-channel will eventually come down to my level.

You may find one of the above for slightly under $500 if you look around. Other can go for much, much more than that.

Myself, I am leaning toward PreSonus.

Hope that helps.

Tom

P.S. Some of the above brands also make low end models so beware.

Hey Tom

thanks! Pretty useful too.

I wouldn't call your contibrution poop! So you've not had much available time recently, shit happens. Don't beat yourself up about it. You've been a strong supporter of Songstuff. What extra you do is greatly appreciated, not expected. :) It would be unfair of me to do so. Either way you still have my thanks.

Did you have a good Christmas?

Cheers

John

Did you have a good Christmas?

Cheers

John

Thanks John,

Christmas was pretty good. The kids had fun and that's all that matters.

I should point out that the reason I am waiting for a multi-channel is I like to run keys through those units when needed.

By the way, my eldest daughter is getting married. Looks like I need to work on a special song for her. Without her knowing of course! ;) Oh, I should mention I was 13 when she was born. :-[

Take care,

Tom