Your Ad Could Be Here

What has been your greatest creative challenge?

john

Hey gang

Creativity can be wonderful, elusive, addictive, even painful. As writers, performers artists we all face an endless conveyer belt of creative challenges, some more enjoyable than others, some more satisfying than others.

I thought it would be interesting to explore creativity and our experiences of creativity, starting with looking at what each of us view as our personal greatest creative challenge.

For me I have a never ending flow of ideas, but it can be easy to get sucked into repeating the same creative directions when facing similar creative problems. “That worked last time so let’s do that again”.

That was one of the things I liked about the album format. It made it easy to draw a definitive line in the sand. It encouraged me to fundamentally do things differently.

I am a creature of comfort, but comfort is the enemy of creativity.

I love trying new things. Learning new techniques. They encourage new direction by a spark rather than a process step. So as long as I keep experimenting, keep pushing to learn, and try to remind myself to keep checking in, I find I avoid ruts sucking at my feet.

Its is perhaps the least glamorous of creative challenges, and not perhaps the most satisfying, but the fact that it is repetitively overcome, even if it is by a simple principle, I think it is my greatest creative challenge.

What about you?

Cheers

John

• Like 1

For me the biggest creative challenge is trying to stick with and follow through on any ideas that spring up.  I loathe revisiting things, so if its not finished on the first hurrah it probably never will be, at least not anytime soon. 

• Like 1