Your Ad Could Be Here

My home-studio setup and album process (free PDFs)

Hi All.

I released a 30-track album in Jan 2020 and have a new 12-track album currently being processed by the elves at CD-Baby.

I've always enjoyed writing, so I've explained my own home studio setup and how I go through my writing/recording process.  Initially written for friends and family, I realised that anyone with an interest should be made welcome.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CzvABWRPow5KopL1KdX6XZUeU9CaQ48L?usp=sharing  contains the following 4 PDFs:

• The Flat White Album - The 'Making of' Story (54pp)
  • The Flat White Album - Mixing Data (64pp)
  • The Flat White Album - The Complete Songbook (74pp)
  • The Flat White Album - Glossary of all chords (12pp)

Best wishes,

Greg (Australia)

Super cool!  Lots to read and listen to. You may have answered this in your pdfs that i haven't finished looking at but how do you promo and market your releases?  Has your method but fruitful? 

Hi Peggy.  All done via CD-Baby.  Fruitful? ... a got a couple of moldy lemons. :) 

I don't perform in public, so there's no fans and no 'promo'. I do post on a few music/video Facebook groups. My wife and I have album stickers on our cars and we occasional wear album t-shirts. There's been a couple of local street-press articles (for which I wrote the content!), and some of the videos have made it through to selection/finals in Festivals (with one being a Winner).

"Flat White" has had 5000+ track streams on Spotify, and 5000+ YouTube views. So less than $30!

I have no desire to be famous and, fortunately, music has never been (or needed to be) a job/career ... it's just pleasure and a creative urge.   The albums are challenging and fun, provide a great sense of achievement when done, and are a lasting legacy once I'm gone.

Archived