Your Ad Could Be Here

Hi everybody, I'm Dr. Nick, aka Wilson Colfax

Wilson Colfax

• Noob

Well I hope I've found a new home to discuss creating music.  They call me Dr. Nick because I went to chiropractic school, but in the music world my artist name is Wilson Colfax.  I've been playing guitar for 25 years, but as of last year I upped my game and started to record my own type of experimental music and learned how to multi-track record, including bass guitar and e-drums.  The results I felt were good enough to put out there, and as such I have released a few albums of my work.  I've not figured out how to get any feedback though, so I don't know what I'm doing right or wrong or if anyone even likes it.  Hopefully hanging out here can broaden my horizons, I'll learn some new techniques, be exposed to other's cool works, and ultimately you all could help me become better at my craft.  Looking forward to becoming a positive member of this community!

• Like 1

Hey Wilson, 

Welcome to Songstuff! Glad to have you with us. Nice intro.

We have a few critique boards, organised according to stage of development. Critique boards work by members posting more critiques than they post works for critique. As critique is a discussion and not simply an opinion, conversations can become quite involved. There are a load of benefits to offering critique, so I would encourage any and all members to be involved in the critique process, with the aim of exploring and finding workable solutions for the writer.

I’m looking forward to hearing your music! :)

Cheers

John

• Noob
On 2/2/2021 at 10:22 AM, john said:

Hey Wilson, 

Welcome to Songstuff! Glad to have you with us. Nice intro.

We have a few critique boards, organised according to stage of development. Critique boards work by members posting more critiques than they post works for critique. As critique is a discussion and not simply an opinion, conversations can become quite involved. There are a load of benefits to offering critique, so I would encourage any and all members to be involved in the critique process, with the aim of exploring and finding workable solutions for the writer.

I’m looking forward to hearing your music! :)

Cheers

John

right on!  I look forward to participating.  cheers!

• Like 1