Your Ad Could Be Here

Missing Power Adapter

john

Hey

So there I am, unpacking my new Native Instruments S61 Mk2 and then realise, THERE’S NO POWER SUPPLY! Grrrr. On what planet do they not think that the customer will be disappointed to find that their nice new shiny bit of gear is as dead as a block of wood?

Ok, I can even get that they might not include it by default (dubious) but surely your ordering system would flag up to the customer that they about to ship you a block of wood instead of something useful?

While I am about it, I had ordered a new Nord Grand. It arrived with 2 keyboard stands (separately charged for). On what planet do you get a keyboard that weighs the same as the space shuttle, and think “Think I will get a spare stand”. I even reviewed the order with the guy in the shop!

Grrrr.

Rant over. For now.

Cheers

John

I know that there's one keyboard manufacturer out there – I think it's Yamaha(!) – which sells "the rest of the stuff that you'll obviously need," such as a foot-pedal and maybe the power supply(?), as a separately priced unit.  I have no idea what the marketers were thinking.

When I bought my Korg, the owners of the shop hurriedly pawed through a drawer containing various DC power supplies to find one that matched the specs printed on the unit.  Then, they plugged it in, made sure that everything worked, and gave it to me.  I walked out, very satisfied, with the keyboard and two piano-style foot pedals which I have used ever since.

• Like 1