Your Ad Could Be Here

Live Stream Performance Set Up

Hey

I”ve been thinking about a live stream performance set up to augment my existing set up. A basic grid controller would be good, say an AKAI Professional MPD218, but the core would be a loop station, possibly a BOSS RC-505 or a BOSS RC-300. I am leaning more towards the 505 at this stage, but it is significantly more expensive.

I plan to evaluate Circular Labs - Mobius. It’s a freeware software looper, apparently very versatile but also less easy to get into due to the complexity of the software and menus. It’s the software used by Ed Sheeran’s custom built “The Chewie Monsta” and “The Chewie Monsta 2”, which runs on a laptop built into his custom loopers. Of course he has a production team to put together his patches, which is worth bearing in mind when you compare a Mobius based system with an off-the-shelf solution.

There is one other main system I initially thought of, the Headrush Looper Board, but at $800+ that was ruled out on price alone.

I’d be interested to hear comments and feedback from anyone who has experience with any of the systems mentioned, or who is considering building a loop based set up.

Cheers

John

Archived