Your Ad Could Be Here

Pretty good Denis. The guitars, sound & performance, really work. The vocals are not bad. The vocal sound could be a little brighter, it’s a bit muffled and the sound needs work. Look at a ducking EQ on the guitar controlled from a compressor side chain on the vocal channel and using a stereo slap-back delay for some room ambience without the muffle. You can hear uncertainty in your performance at points... that could be general lack of vocal confidence or lack of confidence in this particular song or simply nerves. In particular I notice some lack of control on the few vocal runs. Nothing big. Something that could be corrected by breath control and practice. Additionally there are a few points where you are a little bit flat, not badly, but noticeable. Yet again breath control and practice coupled with some ear training should do it, though perhaps practice recording vocals with only one ear in your cans (hearing the fold back mix) and the other ear listening to the performance in the room.

Vocal performance when you open up on the higher ornamentation your voice is much stronger. The one thing I think that would make a huge difference to the vocal performance is feeling. Feel the words. Thinks about the emotion, the emotional journey. If you feel it, your audience will feel it. If you don’t? Well it’s a lot less engaging and you will find it harder to connect.

Overall, I enjoyed it. I am being deliberately picky to give you feedback for areas to improve. I hope this helps!

• 2 weeks later...