Your Ad Could Be Here

I mumble sometimes.

nightpoet

I'm a grumpy old git. Been around too long I guess. I'm what is known as a singer songwriter.

I no longer write songs to try and please other people, the way I look at it is, that if somebody likes one of my songs they must be as sad as I am.

I get most of my inspiration for songwriting from the things I see and hear, The series The wonder years has been a continual source of ideas for me, all 115 episodes. I also listen to peoples conversations, got me into trouble on more than one occassion.

I love music and the creation process, I am passionate about it. I can be outspoken, but I appreciate everyone who is involved, even if I don't like their brand of music. [smiley=acoustic.gif]

Looking forward to swopping a few ideas.

Nightpoet 8)

Hey nightpoet

Welcome aboard! Are you interested in particular styles?

Do you have any work online? We like to stick our noses in!

Cheers

John

Cheers John.

I'm currentley in my Tom Waits period, but I guess I like anything that makes me want to listen. I've got a lot of stuff on cassette tape (ha ha, real old school huh) and I'm getting a bit more comfortable with digital, but I've still got to make that leap on to the net. Maybe in this new year, as soon as I learn this ripping thing you've got to do. Sounds a bit kinky to me. ^_^

:D

There are lots of folk like that, or who were like that on the boards, so you should find plenty of advice when you need it.

You might be interested in the lyric, song, and when the time comes demo review boards. Have a read about at some of the lyrics, there's some excellent ones in there.

Looking forward to getting to know you. :)

Cheers

John

I'm a grumpy old git. Been around too long I guess.

Nightpoet 8)

Ah The grumpy old git faction swells. Thats great! You can cover for me & Lazz when we are offline maybe?

Welcome to SS.

Some of us like Tom Waits a good deal too.

Hi Nightpoet

I am a Tom Waits fan too, early period though, before he decided that grunting would do.

I went throuh a Tom Wiats period once. I came up with a pale imitation of Tom's song 'Closing Time' called 'Whining Women And Song'

Stick around, it's fun here.