Your Ad Could Be Here

sleep • exactly 3 years ago this hour...

• Editors

Exactly 3 years to almost the hour of writing the post, this live performance of mine was captured.

It had been two weeks of travelling across Shillong, Pune, Bombay & Goa as part of my pre-launch tour for "Accept EP" in association with Sofar Sounds.

Backstage Pass: Bangalore Artist Mahesh on his Six City Sofar India Tour | Sofar Sounds

Backstage Pass: Bangalore Artist Mahesh on his Six City Sofar India Tour

The final city Kochi in the state of Kerala had been cancelled because of the floods and so, Bangalore became our final destination in terms of wrapping things up with the tour. ( Interestingly enough we later decided to dedicate our second music video off the EP for our love for Kochi,  this passionate town I've come to adore! )

It was the very first time we pulled something off this big on our own with no funds to begin with - a perfectly indie place to be. Over the months of planning, we honed our speaking skills interacting with many people & organizations who'd be interested in being a sponsor or some form of support for the very first national tour of an indie artist in collaboration with Sofar Sounds. We were also graciously welcomed into homes by strangers who heard of our story!

For those who aren't aware about Sofar Sounds, they are a house concert format with a global community of music lovers and musicians.

Some notable performances include Yebba singing the viral "My Mind", Lianne La Havas doing a beautiful London set or even Ed Sheeran having performed at a Sofar Sounds concert. (Also, it's completely volunteer & community driven here in India. I've heard there's funding in the West to organise bigger events & I hope it carries on here)

Through learning, DIY & hustle, it all came to fruition! And the "Accept x Sofar Sounds India" tour happened. So this hour exactly 3 years ago was extremely significant to me. Because this performance in its embodiment was a HUGE sign of relief lol.

As the final act of the evening and Sleep being the last song - it was a perfect way to put this priceless little journey of in doing what I love to gentle rest! 

Life is sure a frikkin roller coaster!

P.S On a side note, Shreyas, one of my childhood buds who was one of the core members on this tour crew just got married an hour ago in the States! Ha, lovely co-incidence!

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
  • Editors
On 8/31/2021 at 9:44 AM, john said:

Great stuff Mahesh. It’s good to be reminded of it! Love this song.

On a bright note, I am very much looking forward to your new releases!

Thank you John!

Yeah, I'm excited for the new releases as well. I thought there would be a release or two before the next record comes on, but Opportunity has been good to me. There's quite a few releases coming up before it as a way to prep for the next "career season" if you will. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mahesh said:

Thank you John!

Yeah, I'm excited for the new releases as well. I thought there would be a release or two before the next record comes on, but Opportunity has been good to me. There's quite a few releases coming up before it as a way to prep for the next "career season" if you will. 

Remember my suggestion about creating a club about your music career? You can then add a calendar that details intended release dates (along with a discussion board, chat room, gallery & blog) so you can organise collaborators and team members for releasing and promoting your music. Just saying!