Your Ad Could Be Here

Bought a violin

john

Hey

I finally managed to get a new violin (birthday money :) ). It's a cheap electric, but it will be ideal for getting me back in to play. I haven't played for 23 years! I used to play for about 8 hours a day, somehow I think I'll be lucky to get an hour or two a week now.

I was suprised at what I could remember. My cats (I have 2) didn't join in, so I'll take that as a good sign. :)

Cheers

John

Hey

I finally managed to get a new violin (birthday money :) ). It's a cheap electric, but it will be ideal for getting me back in to play. I haven't played for 23 years! I used to play for about 8 hours a day, somehow I think I'll be lucky to get an hour or two a week now.

I was suprised at what I could remember. My cats (I have 2) didn't join in, so I'll take that as a good sign. :)

Cheers

John

You lucky beggar! Im jealous. Still havnt got mine yet but am looking.

What didja get? Where didja get it from?

:P

Hey Rudi

Owing to money (as ever) I bought a Harley Benton. it's not brilliant, but it works. If I stick with it I plan to get one of the Yamaha ones at about £600. This one was ~£90! I got it from Thomanns...

I just didn't see any point in spending too much.

Hari, it's the "natural wood" version of the one you posted a link to. Thanks!

Cheers

John

Hey Rudi

Owing to money (as ever) I bought a Harley Benton. it's not brilliant, but it works. If I stick with it I plan to get one of the Yamaha ones at about £600. This one was ~£90! I got it from Thomanns...

I just didn't see any point in spending too much.

Hari, it's the "natural wood" version of the one you posted a link to. Thanks!

Cheers

John

When I last checked they were still out of stock. These are the models Hari suggested.

What about the set up? Will you do that yourself?

Ive been in touch with a fellow called Richard Roberts who's business is Sonic Violins.

http://www.sonicviolins.co.uk/

I will try to visit him in a couple of weeks. At the mo we neither have enough time.

is it more than what you expected for the money or it's just ok?

I may buy it later, but I think that right now I must go for the monitors, then I should buy a new PC ad leave this one to my daughter because she use it more than me right now, and I want to have a music-only PC without net connection and other stuff... also I want something faster than this one!

then I could go for a creamware pci card or something like that, then a good spanish guitar, then a Korg microkorg to play around, or a charango...

well, I think I can dream about it all day!!! :D

When I last checked they were still out of stock. These are the models Hari suggested.

What about the set up? Will you do that yourself?

Ive been in touch with a fellow called Richard Roberts who's business is Sonic Violins.

http://www.sonicviolins.co.uk/

I will try to visit him in a couple of weeks. At the mo we neither have enough time.

Hey Rudi

I set it up myself, and it seems to be working ok.

The Sonic Violins look pretty good for electro-acoustics. I think i was to pick one it would be the Classic, but at close to £800 it wouldn't be my first purchase.

Cheers

John

is it more than what you expected for the money or it's just ok?

I may buy it later, but I think that right now I must go for the monitors, then I should buy a new PC ad leave this one to my daughter because she use it more than me right now, and I want to have a music-only PC without net connection and other stuff... also I want something faster than this one!

then I could go for a creamware pci card or something like that, then a good spanish guitar, then a Korg microkorg to play around, or a charango...

well, I think I can dream about it all day!!! :D

Hari, it's more or less what I expected, though I was disappointed in the finish. It plays ok though.

I can say having a dedicated music PC is about the best think you can do for your recordin. My one can connect to the web, which is useful for updates, but I never use it for browsing, and there are no "extra" programmes installed. I even temporarily share the C drive with one of my other PCs an run a virus scan from there!

Creamware are great cards. I love mine (not physically ;) )

You sound like me. I have a list of instruments i want to buy as long as my arm!

Cheers

John

John, I hope I dont fall for a classic when I get there! I am facinated by the Sub Sonic (a viola with 'octave' strings - tuned a whole octave below regular violin).

Hari, Ive been after a proper spanish guitar for YEARS! Did you have to remind me!