Your Ad Could Be Here

Spotify and Neil Young

8 hours ago, VoiceEx said:

not "picking sides" is considered an awful, awful 'crime' these days

I am a fervent non-partisan. I would never be associated with either political party which only differ in their rhetoric. Both bow to corporate power while espousing defense of the common man.

The gullibility virus has dominated the American political landscape much longer than Covid.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 3:08 PM, Clay Anderson Johnson said:

Say a prayer for the stay at home voter

Before his eyes a strange beauty show

A parade of gray suited grifters

A choice of cancer or polio

Salt Of The Earth - Jagger/Richards

I believe your lyrics are.....fake news, and they did not write the song.

Edited by Jim622

23 hours ago, Clay Anderson Johnson said:

Believe whatever you like.  It is on the album Beggars Banquet and the lyrics can be found on any lyrics site on the Internet.  Google is your friend.

I stand corrected on the lyrics. You are correct. I beg your pardon.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Jim622 said:

I beg your pardon.

No need to apologize.  I realize that my quote might have been considered inflammatory or offensive.

I look at politics strictly as a matter of Political Science abstractions.  I would never be a partisan of the world's second or third oldest profession.  We all know what the first is.  Whether priests preceded politicians or the reverse is uncertain 😁

14 hours ago, Clay Anderson Johnson said:

No need to apologize.  I realize that my quote might have been considered inflammatory or offensive.

I look at politics strictly as a matter of Political Science abstractions.  I would never be a partisan of the world's second or third oldest profession.  We all know what the first is.  Whether priests preceded politicians or the reverse is uncertain 😁

My bad. I play that song and I really never did or apparently 

Even listened to the last verse. I may have been trying to stir the pot to liven things up also.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/3/2022 at 11:00 AM, Jim622 said:

It's the typical view of the liberal, all people have rights and freedoms, unless you don't agree with them.

Typical right wing reaction. You might want to return to Trump's attempts to silence dissent. The idea of "fake news" began with his ego's inability to handle criticism. I see more right wing commentators on CNN than Fox have dissenting voices. And if he's ever reelected, you'll really see who wants to stamp out dissent. There's barely any dissent within the GOP anymore. Meanwhile, dems across the board, from AOC to Manchin, have exercised their freedom to disagree. Pth, typical dems, can't organise a piss-up in a brewery, some critics might say.

To revert to the oft-cited analogy, nobody has the right to shout "FIRE!" in a crowded cinema. And nobody would stand up in that fireless place to shout, "Wait! Let him speak! I hate censorship!" I suspect they'd be more likely to be the first to tell the firebrand to STFU. Joe Rogan would do a whole bit about this idiot who ruined the movie he wanted to see.

It's false equivalency to compare deliberate misinformation borne of ideology, or simple publicity-seeking, to the updating of Covid details as more is learned.

Protest is a right, which was exercised by the musicians. Conspiracy theorists also have the right not to buy Neil Young and Joni Mitchell, or not to listen to radio stations who play them. That's consumer buying power, though some might call it "cancel culture." OMG, they're not playing Neil and Joni anymore, just because the station is losing listeners!

It's notable how many people complaining about cancel culture are so widely reported and given their own TV shows to whine, just because somebody challenged their asinine views. For people who think debate is being stifled, they seem considerably fearful of actual debate and have created the term "cancel culture" as an easy out.

Edited by Glammerocity

12 hours ago, Glammerocity said:

Protest is a right, which was exercised by the musicians. Conspiracy theorists also have the right not to buy Neil Young and Joni Mitchell, or not to listen to radio stations who play them. That's consumer buying power, though some might call it "cancel culture." OMG, they're not playing Neil and Joni anymore, just because the station is losing listeners!

I have no problem with musicians protesting. I just don’t listen, because they protest from a perch.

Musicians calling for censorship is the height of hipocrisy.

Edited by Jim622