Your Ad Could Be Here

New Music Friday #13

Hey Gang

This is the New Music Friday topic for Friday 11th February, 2922.

Please post up the music you are working on. Anything from one instrument or voice up to full productions, a few bars to full songs.

Members please leave comments and suggestions.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Thank you for carrying this forward, @john Although I will not be posting music for awhile, I will be listening and commenting.

• Like 1

• Editors

I couldn't do a lot of writing over the past week because of all the release tasks fighting with lots of classes and other work. I did write a new tiny tune called The Quiet Dance.

I'm not doing this anymore

I'm tired of everything the way it is

Maybe it's a good thing to feel a little change

But I'm scared it's all the same

Who cares about the world..

When you only feel what's stuck to your skin?

I need a little space to take it all in

Dancing to the sounds of the silence

There will be a now for my truth 

I'll rise above the clouds when I'm done fighting

But I'm not doing this anymore

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mahesh said:

I did write a new tiny tune called The Quiet Dance.

Really nice! It's a good combination of vocal melody and chord progression. It fits thematically with the lyrics.

I like the fact that you kept it simple in word count.  One of my biggest irritations in lyric writing is people overstating an idea. Quality is the goal not epic length. 

Will look forward to the developed version.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Mahesh said:

I couldn't do a lot of writing over the past week because of all the release tasks fighting with lots of classes and other work. I did write a new tiny tune called The Quiet Dance.

I adore everything about this. It's a privilege to get a peek into your process.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mahesh said:

It’s a lovely piece Mahesh. I do love seeing how songwriters apply their skills so differently to get such different results. For some it appears so effortless, yet the writer in me knows that sometimes songs do appear almost effortlessly, but mostly it’s like the smooth moving duck on the water, while underwater they are paddling furiously to maintain his it looks on the surface.

Nice job. :)

• Like 1

• john unpinned this topic
  • Editors
On 2/13/2022 at 9:13 PM, Steve Mueske said:

I adore everything about this. It's a privilege to get a peek into your process.

That's humbling to hear! Thank you brother. I hope to do vlogs relating to the things that go on behind the process. But given the amount of work I'm trying to bring about, especially with the upcoming release, it's been quite a stressful ride. 

• Like 1

• Editors
On 2/13/2022 at 11:29 PM, john said:

It’s a lovely piece Mahesh. I do love seeing how songwriters apply their skills so differently to get such different results. For some it appears so effortless, yet the writer in me knows that sometimes songs do appear almost effortlessly, but mostly it’s like the smooth moving duck on the water, while underwater they are paddling furiously to maintain his it looks on the surface.

Nice job. :)

You put it so well into words John!

When it comes to Tiny Tunes as a songwriting process, it has always been the path of least resistance in the interest of time. I record the clip to be shared on the same sitting, right after it is finished. Because of this, I'm implored to let go of expectations and allow myself to express of whatever with whatever skills I've in the moment. I'm not always great with it lol But that's exactly been the motivation to do it more and get better at it.  Which has been an incredibly productive as far as the learning is concerned. 

• Editors
On 2/17/2022 at 11:44 AM, Stuart Scholes said:

Really nice. I wish my songs that were just squeezed into a busy week were this good. I've been trying to think of something a litle "critcal" to bring to the party, but honestly I'm struggling. The lyrics, the feel, the chord and melody is all excellent.

Thank you for sharing.

Thank you for that. I would urge for you to write them songs anyways. Finish it.  I remember writing a lot of crap out of my system before I found my way around my own songwriting process. As much as it feels new every time you sit to write, you'll find same nuances within the task. Like understanding the rhyming structure and how it is sitting with the groove I'm trying to emulate on the guitar. It's a fun puzzle to solve each time for me. 

Then there's how the story within the lyrics fit with the song structure. If there's something plot-twisty building in my head, I know I can anticipate that to highlight itself in the bridge section of the song. I would ask you to engage yourself in such side missions each time you sit for writing something. And you'll start using it more as part of your regular process. This is exactly why I would ask you to finish the songs even if you choose to dispose of it. 

Thanks again for taking time time to listen!