Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello

Hi everyone,

I've played guitar for over 25 years and am looking to start/improve on my songwriting process and recording skills. It's been a long term dream of mine to write and release an album but unfortunately I've never had the guts. With joining this forum and a couple of others, I hope to get the confidence and feedback that will allow me to achieve my objectives. I look forward to enjoying working together musically.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Stuart Scholes said:

looking to start/improve on my songwriting process and recording skills.

Welcome!

There are some great people you can learn from.  Most regulars are better in specific areas but are knowledgeable overall.  I suggest reading everyone's profiles when they comment on your work or see them comment on others to get a feel of everyone's backgrounds.

Critiquing others will draw more attention to your own work as well as be instructive.  Like most things you get out of something in proportion to what you put into it.

• Like 1

Het Stuart

Welcome to Songstuff. Good to have you aboard. Hopefully we can help you to work towards your musical goals in some ways. The power of a positive attitude is important, being open to try new things and work on improving in all ways… they all help. The same is true of surrounding yourself with like minded people.

Looking forward to hearing your music!

Cheers

John

• Like 1

Thanks.

VoiceEx, I'm pretty much starting from scratch for digital recording - when I started I used my dad's old reel-to-reel and recorded part one onto the left channel, then part 1 and the new part 2 onto the right channel, bouncing them (by the way, I'm 38, not 90!! 😄 I just had to improvise with what was available). Very destructive an ineffective but taught me a lot about recording concepts. I then moved to an 8 track digital recorder and played around with that. That hopefully gives you an idea of how little comfort I feel when trying to move into Ableton and Audio Interfaces! 😄 Therefore, it may be some time before I have enough knowledge to be able to crank out something worthwhile. 😐

Thank being said, I do have a youtube channel where last year I uploaded some jams (to backing tracks) and a few covers, you're more than welcome to check them out.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCygGpYNvwfbqbc9Mj6rnGKg

• Like 1

Brilliant, thank you very much @VoiceEx. 😄

I'm not massively struggling with Ableton yet, just overwhelmed with the size of the playground before me. At the moment I need to put the graft in to learn, but I'm sure I'll get there, especially with the help of experienced folk such as you and the others here.

Thanks for the help, I'm sure there'll be more questions to follow. :)

• Like 1