Your Ad Could Be Here

New Music Friday #15

6 hours ago, VoiceEx said:

Right I forgot you got sick. Though I wasn't aware it had affected your voice. Have you looked into it? can something be done? 😓

Unfortunately the list of post Covid complications people can have is pretty long. I have several myself and so does my wife. Sadly my vocal issues appear to be pretty far down the pecking order for investigation.

That said, I think some of my issues are just lack of practice post Covid. So at least for now some vocal tlc along with simple daily vocal exercises will hopefully bring back strength. Lung wise, My breath control was never a problem pre Covid. I played the bagpipes as a teenager and didgeridoo in my 30’s, so my lung capacity bordered on freakish. So this is new ground.

• Sad 1

• john unpinned this topic

Hi J

Liked the sound of the guitar. The song maybe too long for it's own good, but it is likable.

I had bronchitis in February of 2020 that lasted for a couple weeks. Even broke down and got some anti-biotics for it. I wonder now if it was covid, but the symptoms didnt feel like anything out of the ordinary since my sinus infection was the precursor to this happening.

It took 6 months before I could even sound back to normal. Honestly I almost could have sung for a Rod Stewart tribute band as my vocals would just shred as stuff was still coming up from the lungs (yuck).

I used to keep a small plastic tube of honey before gigs if my vocals were going dry(with my pint on stage). Plus chewing gum tucked back by the molars worked too (You'd see John Lennon doing this occasionally in his later snippets of singing).

My latest find was by accident actually, I was looking for a cough drop that was less harsh on the menthol end and found the regular Ricola cough drops to have just the right measure of relief and coating without making the throat feeling a sudden rush to the lungs that Halls menthol cough drops does.

So I use the Ricolas now in practice and before recording.

Anyways..for a phone recording, it sounded good.

DW

Edited by Driftwood