Your Ad Could Be Here

Introduction

Hello my name is Bill I'm a singer of almost 4 decades who's played across the globe . my biggest band was Crucible . We released 2 albums that did good . Represented the USA in 2 international music festivals. Also opened up for several big acts including Journey , Foreigner, Mood blues, Blue Oyster Cult, etc... Lately ever since the pandemic (never thought I would be writing that word reality) I've been recording with musicians from all over the world. I love learning the recording side of the music . With todays software it's amazing what you can produce in your own home with some decent gear and some talent. Speaking of decent gear I just purchased an Iconic mic for my mic locker. The AKG C14. Can't wait till it arrives Thursday. I've recently made a huge improvement in my recording Software and Interface. I was using Cakewalk with a Focusrite Clarett 2 pre. Anyone looking to start recording on a dime. Cakewalk is a free real DAW (recording software) it was called Honor before and owned by Gibson. It was bought by a Singapore company and kept the same software with a few improvements and call it Cakewalk. It's not your typical free DAW. I found my particular voice brought out a certain mid range in it that could be eliminated with subtractive EQ . But I wanted to go a different way to get away from the mid range. I purchased one of the best audio interfaces from Universal Audio the Apollo series. It came with its own DAW called LUNA. Incredible DAW . The UA plugins are the best in my opinion . Check out this forum if your a UA person . You will definitely love what it has to offer. Welcome to UAD plugins free unlock forum https://uadplugins.club/uad_plugins_crack_torrent.mp4         I hope to chat with some of you like minded individuals . Hit me up.

Hey Bill

Welcome to Songstuff!

Sounds like good fun at the time. Did you stay performing over the years?

Out of interest, Cakewalk has a long history, as old as Cubase. I used to use Cakewalk back in the 1990s when it was a sequencer owned by Twelve Tone Systems. It evolved pace for pace with Cubase until Cakewalk was the company and they released Sonar, their first really modern DAW. It had some excellent features that I much preferred to Cubase and most DAWs of the time. I used through Gibson buying Cakewalk, right up until Gibson was in trouble and announced they were ditching Sonar. I did download and sometimes use the modern Cakewalk but I mostly use Presonus Studio One these days.

Cheers

John

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Bill,

Nice to have you on the forum.

I have used cakewalk before. I beilive I had to pay for it back in the day. It is a great daw.

I like things simple. I mainly use acid pro these days.

Neuendo is great to, but gets a little more complicated.

Enjoy your stay on the forum.

Cheers!

• Like 1