Your Ad Could Be Here

Studio One - Help Needed

Hi

My first STudio One project is 95% complete, after falling on my arse for every 2 steps forward.  E.g. the stock plugins (e.g. Mixverb) don't sound or work the same as those in ProTools.  I'm getting quicker with the shortcuts, although my "left-hand-resting-position" is still giving me grief ... e.g. ALT-Z (Zoom to fit) is much too close to CTRL-Z (undo) ... which means I often find I've undone heaps of special-effort changes ... and they're not in History so I can't easily restore them.  Frequent saving helps for now.  But, GRRRRRRR!!!

THE MAIN QUESTION I HAVE:

The MIXER CHANNELS show track sound.   Sliding the mixer UP causes an audible increase in volume, but the visual animated METERING LEVEL ARE UNCHANGED!!!

In ProTools, the whole session could be switched between PRE-Fader monitoring (for recording) or POST-Fader monitoring (for mixing).   
Is there an equivalent setting in Studio One???

I'll share the new track in a couple of days prior to release.

Greg

• Editors

Hey @GregB,

It’s been a while since I’ve used Studio One but I know exactly what you’re talking about. Hopefully another Studio One user like @john can help shed some more light into this issue.

Also, I’m mentioning this only because I’ve done this tiny silly mistake before. Sometimes, I’d have a track armed and it’d be showing levels associated with the realtime signal levels being captured by the input device instead of de-arming it and having it show the meter reading of the recorded wave form. 😅 I’ve learnt better to now to always have a separate channel set up purely for recording while keeping the main channels de-armed & no inputs selected where I do the actual processing and production work. 

7 hours ago, Mahesh said:

have a separate channel set up purely for recording

Surely (and I'll stop calling you Shirley) this doesn't solve anything.

When recording, the fader works AND SHOWS the changed INPUT signal levels in the strip.   

On playback, each fader affects its output signal level but does not SHOW the change in the channel strip. 

• 2 weeks later...

SOLUTION FOUND ... HUZZAH!!!!

Details posted in separately in the next listed Topic so it can be easily seen/found.

It can be switched to display in the latest version, but I don’t think there is a global switch, just the per channel option

26 minutes ago, john said:

I don’t think there is a global switch

There is ... :) ... see new separate Topic

• Like 1

Oh good, that must be new!