Your Ad Could Be Here

The audiences are out there!!

The latest stats on people listening to music in 2023. 

Some of the stats were a surprise to me.  I knew that country music was very popular but .... that percentage is alot of listeners!!!

"Almost 50% of Americans said they listen to Country music."  

"According to a Deezer survey of US respondents, it was the 3rd most listened to genre at 49.9%, right after Rock at 56.8%, and Pop at 56.1%."

Did any of of the stats surprise you?

Being a musician:

- How much time do you spend listening to music, including your own, in a week?

- What are the sources of the music you listen to? 

https://headphonesaddict.com/listening-to-music-statistics/

• Editors

I spend a considerable number of hours listening to music although I'm not sure I have an estimate of it since it is such an integral part of my life and I'm always going in and out of my music apps constantly thru the day.

My preferred way of listening to music 

Spotify: It has got most of the catalog, old & new. It has a solid algorithm to help me further explore my taste in music while discovering new artists. A good way I like to take advantage of this is the "Enhance" button. You can put a bunch of your favorite songs in a new Spotify playlist and then hit the Enhance button for that playlist which will add similar music and artists that you may have not heard before. I do also enjoy the Discover Weekly playlist generated every week.

Youtube: Invaluable in my music journey. Live performances and very old or underground records that you may not find on Spotify makes itself easily visible. I cannot start my daily chores without listening to my favorite Tiny Desk concert or that memorable John Mayer performance. 

• Like 1