Your Ad Could Be Here

"Valerie" Mark Ronson ft Amy Winehouse

Hi everyone,

I'm a new member, and I've taken this opportunity to introduce myself on the starting page. I want to share my cover of the song "Valerie" as I recently started my YouTube channel. As I mentioned in the introduction, this may not be my best work, but hey, everyone has to start somewhere. I would love to hear your feedback so I can improve.

In the future, I plan to upload many more songs, including originals, and I am excited to learn something new from this wonderful community.

Here it is youtube cover

Best regards,

Mile

Welcome from another newbie. :) I enjoyed the cover, you have great pipes, man. Looking forward to see you around.

On 5/31/2023 at 9:03 PM, Palmiro said:

Welcome from another newbie. :) I enjoyed the cover, you have great pipes, man. Looking forward to see you around.

Thanks, mate. I really enjoyed making it, and it means a lot that somebody actually likes it. 🙂

Of course, I'm here to receive both positive and negative feedback about my performance. It's important for us to find ways to improve ourselves.

Currently, I'm working on another cover song. It's "Killing Me Softly" with a slightly different arrangement. I hope I won't ruin the original performance, which is top of the line. I enjoy adding some new elements to my music, but I hope not to overdo it. 😅

I'm looking forward to hanging out and also discovering other artists here. Do you have any songs I could check out?

Cheers,

Mile

Well, I don't know if someone can "overdo" something in music, it's creativity, the way I see it there's no wrong or right if that's how you feel it... (Speaking of "Killing me softly" the Fugees version comes to mind... :) )

My main project is a one man hardcore punk band, Black Sheep Riot, but it's currently on hiatus, in these days I'm in the works of a more poppy thing, I'm preparing a "stash" of songs that I want to start launching regularly in the tube once I finish them...

On 6/2/2023 at 6:27 PM, Palmiro said:

Well, I don't know if someone can "overdo" something in music, it's creativity, the way I see it there's no wrong or right if that's how you feel it... (Speaking of "Killing me softly" the Fugees version comes to mind... :) )

My main project is a one man hardcore punk band, Black Sheep Riot, but it's currently on hiatus, in these days I'm in the works of a more poppy thing, I'm preparing a "stash" of songs that I want to start launching regularly in the tube once I finish them...

That is exactly my opinion on this matter. I try to experiment with every song that I do, but with covers, sometimes you can overdo it with effects and other things. When I first started, I put everything that could be put into one project—too many sounds—and it created a bit of a mess. Later, I tried to compensate for that by using too little, which ended up making it kind of empty and uninteresting. Nowadays, I try to balance things from the production stage of every song and aim to do as little mixing as possible. I think I'm on the right track, but hey, music is a science of its own, mate.

Looking forward to hearing that project of a one-man hardcore punk band. I'm not sure I've heard something similar before.

Cheers,

Mile

2 hours ago, Danger Man said:

Not my kind of music but you did it quite well and have great vocal range. (Wish I did!)

Thanks, mate! Well, I'm trying to experiment with my production skills and see where it takes me sound-wise. I've always been searching for my sound, and I think I'm making progress through practice. Only time will tell where it leads, but hey, the journey itself is the fun part anyway.

Regarding vocal range, I think I'm doing pretty well in that department. I cover a wide range, from the low end to the higher register, thanks to my experience in being in a rock band when I was younger. It's all about practice.

Anyway, I don't think it really matters that much. What matters is singing with emotion and conveying that emotion to listeners, and that's the part I haven't mastered yet (I've listened to your songs, and I think you do that pretty well). As for me, I'm still trying to get there. @john gave me some great advice on the song I tried to cover, and one of these days, I'll try to redo my vocal take on the song 'Killing Me Softly' that I posted in another topic (I would love to hear your thoughts on it if you have the time).

Thank you for your time and your comment, and I hope we can exchange feedbacks for a long time.

Cheers,

Mile

• Like 1