Your Ad Could Be Here

Upcoming Paid Subscription Tier

Hi Gang

We are getting close to launching a paid subscription tier. It’s been suggested many times. Many, many times. It’s a great way of funding the community and funding numerous improvements for the community and broader site.

We’ll be launching in the middle of the range of prices suggested by members, at just $5 per week. Less than the price of a cup of coffee at Starbucks. Surely our community is worth less than a cup of coffee each week to you?

Yet, we plan to give you many great reasons to subscribe. We’ll be offering a whole load of direct, tangible benefits to make it more than worthwhile. We want to make it a no brainer… a community sub will be an essential advantage to independent songwriters, artists and music producers. Apart from those immediate, direct benefits, subscribing is both an investment in yours AND and investment in the community. This will make it stronger.

I’ve spoken to many community admins who say that having at least one paid tier was transformative, massively benefiting their community. So, we’re taking the plunge.

Don’t worry. For those determined not to invest in themselves or the community (that they benefit from, and members have been benefiting for free for 23 years (eek!)), we will be keeping a considerable free tier!

You’ll just have to wait and see. ;) Don’t worry. Not too long!

Feel free to share your thoughts. I’ll post up the offer soon!

Cheers

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Speaking as a member that's been here for quite a few years, I for one am very excited for these upcoming changes! Which in my opinion are long overdue! And... once everything is ready, I would like to hear more about everything, and in great detail! 😮 :) 🤩😎🤙

I would also like to add, while I personally don't drink much coffee, let alone from Starbucks, I think that if a person isn't willing to invest a measly 5$ into their music, than being a full time musician simply isn't for them. There will always be additional expenses, some of which may not always result in a return of investment. In other words, I think that If 5$ is a deal breaker for you, then don't get into any kind of business. I know that saying this might upset some people, but its the truth.

Though before people 'jump' on me and call me a "shill", I would also like to address the flip side to that coin for good measure.

Being a smart customer means doing research and coming to an understatement of whether or not a paid service is respecting people's time and money, while producing tangible results. And while I personally have the upmost confidence that Songstuff can achieve great things for itself and for its members, I also think that this is something which i'm sure that many members would like to see for themselves.

In other words: Once everything is ready, I think you should demonstrate the great work you guys have done for musicians that worked with you, and show our community what you can do for them. I.e the "take my money!" effect 😅👍

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, buckoff said:

I'm the only person who goes to Shell for smokes and coffee to drive a block to get Starbucks

Well you should charge 5 bucks , life ain't free , Except them quail with babies at 6am waddling down the road 

I mean if a musician doesn't want to spend 5 bucks, then how are they suppose to buy even basic things? You know, like lets say a mic, guitar strings, cables, drum sticks etc 😅

Anyone else have an opinion they want to share?