Your Ad Could Be Here

Greetings from a new member

Hi all,

This is my first time joining such forum, looking for a community to share my experience, also to grow, hoping to get some feedback on my work.

I've been actively playing music for almost 20 years, but very recently (thanks COVID lockdown) I started to build my home studio and took my first steps in recording music quite recently and each step of the way I'm learning new things, you could tell based on how each song sounds like over time :)

I would be grateful to have a platform to share some of my work, get some feedback and see where this road takes me!

• Like 4

11 hours ago, esbey said:

Hi all,

This is my first time joining such forum, looking for a community to share my experience, also to grow, hoping to get some feedback on my work.

I've been actively playing music for almost 20 years, but very recently (thanks COVID lockdown) I started to build my home studio and took my first steps in recording music quite recently and each step of the way I'm learning new things, you could tell based on how each song sounds like over time :)

I would be grateful to have a platform to share some of my work, get some feedback and see where this road takes me!

Hey Esbey!

Welcome to Songstuff :) Ah the joys of building your own studio. If interested, you could start a blog on Songstuff and share your journey. There are so many aspects that can provide a learning opportunity for others. I love studios. A bit of a studio geek if I am honest!

I look forward to hearing some of your songs!

Cheers

John

• Thanks 1

Thanks, good to be here. I should have written "build" and "studio" in a sense that it's my small office where I'm testing my wings in home recording 😄

But it does not negate the fact of spending awful lot on software and equipment and more guitars that I actually need haha

I just love the process itself, laying down tracks after tracks that would eventually become something it wasn't there before, it is therapeutic at times

(with the stress of mixing the right sound of course)

18 hours ago, Mahesh said:

Hello @esbey

18 hours ago, Mahesh said:

Hello @esbey,

Glad to have you onboard. The COVID lockdown was quite the transition from gigs to studio for me as well. So I 

• Like 1

• Editors
On 11/4/2023 at 12:54 PM, esbey said:

it is therapeutic at times

I hear you! I find it exactly the same. Activities like that forces me to cut down that thinking and just spend time listening and be good at listening to make decisions. I've been finding the same with video as well these days. Like with color correction or color grading for my upcoming vlogs. It takes a lot of time to do all the tasks all by yourself but it is a good time!

• Haha 1

I love a good home studio project as much as commercial studio. :) A project studio can be approached with ingenuity and creativity to transform home space into something both functional and aesthetically appealing. Even multifunctional! Many is the bedroom or corner of a living room that has been transformed by a tech head into an awesome home studio space. :)

• Thanks 1