Your Ad Could Be Here

Musical Plans For 2024

Hey Gang

What are your plans for your music in 2024? An album? An EP or two? Singles? Videos? Build a career? Play some gigs? Go on tour?

Lay it on me. :)

Cheers

John

• Editors

- A whole bunch of singles and EPs with the big one later in the year.

- Working on some great ideas to help our community here and help ourselves as well in the process.

- Listen to more albums - old ones, new ones, whatever, bring it. 

- Just practice and play more often. Not for being a professional musician or any of that crap. For simply no reason at all!

• Like 1

I'm putting out snapshot EPs of 10 - 15 mins of music every two months, new work plus selected remasters from my back catalog. Started the project Dec 2022 and will continue this year.

https://pentachrist.bandcamp.com/

• Like 1

Hey

I plan a few stand alone singles, minimum of 2, followed by 2 EPs in preparation for a full album next year. I still love the album format! Recording starts towards the end of next week. Over the next week I am finishing a production of a song for Mahesh and doing a remix of the same :)

Songs are all written, although I always leave the door open for any songs I write along the way. :)

Cheers

John

• Like 3

I've just started a YouTube channel on MIDI production. I've been dying to do a channel for years, but always got bogged down with editing for perfection, so I've changed my model to more of a livestream vibe. Minimal to no editing, and try to release a show every three weeks or so. Released my first episode at the weekend, and I'm here working on the next one at the moment. Definitely learned a lot from releasing the first one, which was much too long, too much umming, too much muttering and not enough explanation on what I'm doing. I will get better as I do more (I hope!).

I have a bit of work to do to finish off songs I've been working on with SongStuff member Nelly20. I'm hoping to do an RPM production in February (likely just two or three tracks), and hopefully produce a bunch of new material of my own during the year... for my own enjoyment, not commercial release.. Planning for a very packed 2024 musically.  Lets see what happens.

Edited by MisterB
  • Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

I was in the middle of a studio move over when I had some health issues that seem to have subsided. That held some of my plans back. 

I have never been serious about selling my music. I mainly just liked making it for the sake of making it, so in that respect I never pushed much of it. 

With the health things behind me, I am going to continue my studio move over which could take months because the room itself it is going into is just a shell and I will be the one who makes it into something

At that point I want to equip it with video capability and a state of the art computer and sound treatment. I know something about sound treatment, but my nephew is an acoustical engineer and was recently flown to Nashville to scope a studio there. I plan to take his suggestions into account before I get to the finer details of the space.

At that point  plan to get more serious about top notch music and marketing.

I don't hold high expectations though. One of my friends who has played for 30 years or more has all of his material up, which is quite good and he is only getting pennies for all of his efforts. He does better in merchandise and CD sales at the places he plays. Since CDs are basically gone or going that doesn't leave a lot of hope, and compared to him I am small peanuts, so I guess I just want things to be productive to their maximum, moneys aside because even with a huge social media push it's tough out there.

My end game never was that however, but neither do I want to make music someone else is profiting from. 

Until the move I still have a studio and I'm still making music, so that's what I plan to continue doing in the meantime.