Your Ad Could Be Here

Happy New Year 2024!

Hey Gang

All my very best wishes to you and yours for 2024! whatever your 2023, I hope your 2024 is your best year yet. :)

Any interesting New Year resolutions?

Cheers

John

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Greetings John and everyone here. I sincerely wish you all a great 2024 and may wonderful musical opportunities come your way. I'm a bit wary of the situation in the States and elsewhere, who knows, I might have to move back to the U.K. where my great great great grandparents originated.  Question: Does anyone know of a site where musicians can post cover tunes+videos, other than YouTube, as I can't seem to get passed their licensing/copyright rules, and I do not want to get flamed off there. Thanks!

• Like 1

• Editors

Happy new year John! Here's to another year working together on Songstuff, our music, this community and more. Thank you for your friendship.

Happy new year to everybody else here. I hope to connect with you all more often and have all our goals progress together with some interesting discussions and learning!

• Like 1

I'm a bit late for the party as usual but hell yeah happy new year everyone! :)

As for my new year resolution. Music wise, I'd like to fully exercise my creative freedom and get back to working on my own music and art. Its been a very, very long time since i've had that luxury.

• Like 2

On 1/4/2024 at 5:25 PM, Reid Gibson said:

Greetings John and everyone here. I sincerely wish you all a great 2024 and may wonderful musical opportunities come your way. I'm a bit wary of the situation in the States and elsewhere, who knows, I might have to move back to the U.K. where my great great great grandparents originated.  Question: Does anyone know of a site where musicians can post cover tunes+videos, other than YouTube, as I can't seem to get passed their licensing/copyright rules, and I do not want to get flamed off there. Thanks!

Why don’t you try doing covers of pre-cleared songs? Use a site like wearethehits.com. Register there, select a song from their million+ catalogue, record a video and upload and earn.

You will run into issues everywhere if you are using samples taken from recordings without consent.  Although YouTube have rules to protect their site, they also protect sites like Songstuff (who embed their content) and the person posting. Companies still sue private individuals for infringement, especially if they have assets (car, house etc). Add to that, even if you are not sued, your music can be removed from the internet very easily.

Point is, why have all the hassle of creating recordings that are infringing song or recording copyrights? It isn’t worth the hassle.

Happy New Year everyone. Can't imagine 2024 being any worse than 2023. :)

I don't do New Year's Resolutions because they are doomed to fail for me... I'm a great procrastinator, and if I made a NY resolution, it probably wouldn't happen until 2027.  

I have however finally got a YouTube channel on the go. I've been wanting to do this for years, but always got bogged down by the editing required to make a polished show.  So, I decided to take a different route, and go for more of a livestream vibe. After a week of putting together the set up and doing rehearsals, I did my first show yesterday, and have learned a lot from it already. It was way too long (1 hour... to the second!), with too many "um" moments, brain freezes, etc, but at least I got it out there, which is further than I've ever got before and I did have the decency to put in markers so folks don't have to sit through the whole thing. 🤣 No intention to make money from it, but just use it as a learning and teaching experience, and to push myself to do new things in my little home studio. I'm lucky to be able to leave the set up permanently, so I'm ready to do the next show as soon as I have nailed down the content, which I'm working on now. Hoping to do a show every three or four weeks.

I'm also hoping to do an RPM challenge in February, and write at the very least, an EP of entirely my own material, in 2024.

• Like 2

Thank you John, greatly appreciated. I will go check out wearethe hits.com. But yeah, I agree, avoid surgery and litigation like the plague. Happy New Year.

• Like 1