Your Ad Could Be Here

The Thread That Should Have Been Silly But Isn't

I dunno. Just trying to communicate with members, but no I'm not 22 and cute...so there's that. There are other places for that.

You can think of me as a facilitator that seldom facilitates anything., but Lord knows I tried. I was in hyperspace from here for awhile due to things beyond my contriol and I think I arrived back in another dimension. 

Sometimes trying is not the thing to do. Not trying doesn't seem as much fun though. 

Maybe tell us what you are into and why or why not or maybe why you aren't into anything, or maybe why you don't want to comment either way. Oh wait, technically that would be commenting. Sorry.

I was playing one of my newer guitars last night trying to build callus back up since I had been off of it for a week or so. I had some new ideas. Taking Japanese lessons because I'm going there in May with a team of musicians. This has tended to rob me of music time. Like English, Japanese has some quirky things such as verbs being swapped and then when you think you know it, they have other situations where it doesn't apply. Hopefully by then I will be able to ask for food and the location of the bathroom. I also hear that knowing how to say "excuse me" comes in helpful on the trains when you bump someone accidentally of course. It'll be like 88F in May there. That's really my next big thing, but I have been asked to maybe assist in some other music things. One in two weeks. 

What about you?

So if this thread should have been silly but isn’t (aka a not silly thread), and then there’s the serious thread, which definitely isn’t silly, if in a whimsical mood I wanted to be silly I need to start a new “This is the silly thread”?

I mean I guess we could still make this one silly because it was supposed to be silly, or you could start another silly thread. 

The unsilly thread would then be disguarded for the silly thread. In any case that would be a flip flop sort of thing where one can be the other. So it's your call, but I think unsilly can be silly. 

I don't really think this is silly yet but it could be, or then it could be unsilly. What is the default unsilly or silly?

• Like 1

Hmmm. Can you define “silly”?

We should have a clear idea in case it comes along.

That said, if we are caught having a serious discussion about what silly is, and then silly comes along, it might move along by default, immediately marking this discussion as too serious.

That kinda means that when asked to define what is silly, you can only offer silly answers.

:)

So, can you define silly?

On 2/9/2024 at 9:52 PM, starise said:

You can think of me as a facilitator that seldom facilitates anything.

AKA, killing you're own thread 👍

To put that in perspective. A guy walks into a bar. He says: "Oh yee humorless husks, which brave soul among you can tell me something funny?". And then he leaves 😅 The moral of the story being, perhaps it would have been a good idea to start by sharing something silly/funny that happened to you and get that ball rolling. It may also be a good idea to Tag people you are on good terms with to encourage participation.

In fact, you could also share funny things that happened to you on Songstuff and spice it up for entertainment value. That too might encourage people to participate.

For example:

"So today I found myself talking with @john about the definition of silliness. 'Premium' content am I right? If that's not a sign that we desperately need young members in here, then I don't know what is! Speaking of killing jokes, I just posted up a song of mine for critique and some rando that never posts any of his own songs gives me a comment that just says 'nope'. I was like, excuse me? context-much? This isn't my day.."

I'm just joking of course, but you get the idea.

Edited by VoiceEx

Silly?

That’s pretty much my entire day.

• Like 1

I hear that 👍 Though to be fair, I know that if I started posting all the things I find as being silly or funny, without any reservations or filter, and on a regular basis, I'm pretty sure that I'd get banned 😅

Another issue I often face in terms of sharing random silly things, is that I find that most music related stuff just isn't that funny. Not to mention, what's funny for a musician might not necessarily be funny to none-musician. Which means that, when I do share something silly, I prefer sharing something that might lead to an interesting discussion that anyone can join in on.

Just my two cents of course 😶

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, VoiceEx said:

I hear that 👍 Though to be fair, I know that if I started posting all the things I find as being silly or funny, without any reservations or filter, and on a regular basis, I'm pretty sure that I'd get banned 😅

Another issue I often face in terms of sharing random silly things, is that I find that most music related stuff just isn't that funny. Not to mention, what's funny for a musician might not necessarily be funny to none-musician. Which means that, when I do share something silly, I prefer sharing something that might lead to an interesting discussion that anyone can join in on.

Just my two cents of course 😶

I shared a few of my musician things to non musicians and yeah, none of them got it.

Edited by starise

17 hours ago, starise said:

I shared a few of my musician things to non musicians and yeah, none of them got it.

Imagine you went to the dentist. Then all of a sudden he looks you dead in the eye and starts telling you "gum jokes", or some other cringe inducing nonsense. Now.. I don't know what you would do. But I for one would have asked him to ramp up the gas and put me in a coma. Same idea 🤭👌

• Like 1