Your Ad Could Be Here

Site Rework and Products Update

john

Hi Gang

It’s been a while since I posted any updates on our progress.

Staff have been so busy!

In order to safeguard the long term future for Songstuff and ensure it is around serving your needs for as long as possible we have decided to introduce some basic products. As mentioned the staff have been very busy (you have no idea).  Some of the primary reasons have been a reshuffle of our goals, or more correctly how we need to deliver them to members. This reshuffling has meant for a prolonged period the staff have been reworking the site, and putting some products in place that will help us to cover costs for the site as is, and hopefully help fund improvements.

Obviously, while re-working the site we were far less active in encouraging community activity.

While we have been creating products, we still intend on offering free content to site users and extra to free members. We plan on adding a basic, affordable paid subscriber to our existing free members too.

Until now the site has several times stopped growing because of the size of my wallet choking that growth.

By introducing products (courses, subscribers and ads) we plan to address the funding gap. Using courses and a bunch of other free and paid offerings, we will attract new members. That increased activity will help attract back at least some of the members whose activity has fallen away. This is just one of many ways we intend to get the boards active again.

So:

• Community Activity
    • We have a whole bunch of things queued, ready to re-engage the forums, and reach out to new potential members.
    • We know it’s been quiet. We know why. We know how to turn it around.
    • You can help the site, by helping yourself.
    • Things you can do to help:
      • Be here, regularly.
      • Be active, posting new topics and replies.
      • Share songstuff with your musical friends.
      • Help us to make this more like the resource you want it to be… mostly by behaving like it is already the way you want it to be.
      • Do you have suggestions for how we can improve the community? The staff are always interested in what you have to say.
  • Courses
    • Singing
      • We have a few vocal courses in development. These will be courses delivered mainly by video, but with a number of downloads etc.
    • Songwriting
      • I have a songwriting course for lyricists in development. It is part written.
      • I plan to add another for composers.
    • Music Marketing
      • I have 4 large music marketing courses planned for 2024 and a few smaller courses. Much of the preparatory work on these courses is done with the first course hopefully being ready in 5 or so weeks. Subjects include growing your fanbase, release strategies, an evergreen artist approach, creating an effective marketing plan, an overall artist game plan for those wanting to move towards being a pro or semi-pro artist, social media, advertising, setting up with PROs and other professional bodies to collect monies earned, merch development, tour planning and promotion and a whole lot more.
    • Recording and Production
      • I hope to add some courses on recording and production, performance, plus label and publishing courses and tools.
  • Advertising
    • We have put Ad packages in place
  • Community Subscription
    • We have designed and are not far from launching a paid community subscription package (to sit alongside our current free membership)

Related Activities:

• Record Label and Music Publisher
    • Separately, the staff have set up a record label and music publisher for our own music. This also acts as a direct method for informing us about the music market place, what is working and what is not, in different genres and much more. It is also helping with developing industry links and engagement. The experience is also helping us to develop some unique processes and tools to help us to make these useful and viable as potential assets for independents.
    • The label and publishing business is registered in Texas, USA
  • New Ideas
    • We have far too many ideas. There are so many great ones that we seriously don’t have the time to implement. However:
      • We also have some unique ideas for both artists and writers. I know we can help both writers and artists to greatly improve what they do with their music.
  • SSUK and IMS
    • Developing SSUK and IMS as outlets for members music, other independent artists etc has temporarily been paused while we get our first courses and subscription launched. We plan to return to this mid 2024. Meanwhile there will be some activity on playlist building.
  • Recruitment
    • We hope to recruit some community staff, some interns as well as label staff. This will all help us get free and paid info, tools and services in front of you and help us to grow this community while safe guarding it’s future.

We are nothing if not ambitious!

Cheers

John

PS Please tell us your thinking! While it’s good to know about what we do wrong, and issues with the site, it’s even better to know what you think we can do to fix any problems and make Songstuff better than it already is. Just reply below and tell us what you think!

• Like 4

Hi John! Good to hear of the many things you have moving forward. I would definitely pay a subscription for SS. I would definitely love to pay for a beginner recording course.

Being on the site recently, I've noticed it's quiet. I'm happy to hear your suggestions and I'll be signing on as much as I can and posting and commenting.

I've been playing on a pool league and have met Jason Shaw. He has the same accent as you!!! I play two nights a week so my time is limited. However, I did take a job with better hours so I'm not as tired and have some time in the evenings to write.

As you always say: "See you on the boards!"

L

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lisa Gates said:

Hi John! Good to hear of the many things you have moving forward. I would definitely pay a subscription for SS. I would definitely love to pay for a beginner recording course.

Being on the site recently, I've noticed it's quiet. I'm happy to hear your suggestions and I'll be signing on as much as I can and posting and commenting.

I've been playing on a pool league and have met Jason Shaw. He has the same accent as you!!! I play two nights a week so my time is limited. However, I did take a job with better hours so I'm not as tired and have some time in the evenings to write.

As you always say: "See you on the boards!"

L

Thanks Lisa! I’m glad to hear that you are back actively writing! How about your singing?

As always your support makes a huge difference both to the site and for me personally. I am sure that is true for Mahesh and Peggy too!

Jason must have been pleased that he was instantly understood! Lol

3 hours ago, john said:

Thanks Lisa! I’m glad to hear that you are back actively writing! How about your singing?

As always your support makes a huge difference both to the site and for me personally. I am sure that is true for Mahesh and Peggy too!

Jason must have been pleased that he was instantly understood! Lol

Ha ha John! I've never stopped writing, I just ran out of time to finish them enough to post them. Right now I have three lyrics in the works: a covid nursery rhyme, a funky jazz, and an upbeat country lyric (surprise)!

singing is on the back burner. the coach I love got a little pushy with me so I stopped for awhile. I plan to go back to her but with my small goals not her grand ones on the table.

As for Jason, he definitely was shocked I could understand. I get a little star struck so he didn't talk to me long. I'm one of those annoying "fans" I know I shouldn't be but I cant help it! Doh! He did say "a wee bit" though and I was tickled!

Well keep pressing on here at SS and I have Whatsapp open for work often so send me a message there if ya need.

L