Your Ad Could Be Here

El Estepario Siberiano - Inspirational Drummer

john

• 3 months later...
9 hours ago, VSThost said:

A great drummer. My only remark to him was his "I don't care" attitude. 
If you don't care, then why I would care?

Exactly. That is an excellent point.

It's also not entirely true. If he didn't care, why would he post it? If he didn't care would he really have worked as hard to get as good as he is? If we are honest with ourselves, how we are perceived is at least part of the picture, no matter how small. I think that he presents as if he doesn't care, deliberately as part of his brand... it helps make him stand out and contributes to that wild, bad boy narrative. A true creative.

On 6/6/2024 at 5:59 PM, john said:

If he didn't care, why would he post it?

He said - I don't care what YOU think! :)

It would be better to say Share your thoughts in the comments, I care to hear your opinion.

11 hours ago, VSThost said:

He said - I don't care what YOU think! :)

It would be better to say Share your thoughts in the comments, I care to hear your opinion.

yep I got it. I was deliberately interpreting it in a literal way. The joy of words! lol

He is still a talented dude. I would never use him for my regular music but if I wanted to jam out some heavy stuff for fun, it would be a good laugh. Well, right up until he left me in the dust of his wake as he tore through a song or two!

11 hours ago, john said:

I would never use him for my regular music

Well, he plays normal drum lines and fills in his commercial music :)

The Youtube stuff is just for showing off. He is talented (needles to say).

3 hours ago, VSThost said:

Well, he plays normal drum lines and fills in his commercial music

Yep I know… just too heavy for the kind of music I now make. Funnily enough I listen to a lot of rock and metal, I love it, but it’s been a long time since I recorded anything that heavy (and yes I appreciate it’s not even that heavy). So maybe not never, but it’s just not the direction I am going in.