Your Ad Could Be Here

Any Jacob Collier fans around?

• Editors

I'm a huge fan of his music. Though I will admit some of his music is probably too advanced for my ears but his genius musicality and understanding of sound is hard to ignore. He released his new album DJesse Vol 4 today. Just started getting into it but based on the singles he's released, I love the album already. Been obsessed with the collaboration for his fully vocal rendition of "Bridge over Troubled Water" with Yebba, John Legend and Tori Kelly. 

I discovered this video yesterday. It is quite simply incredible. Let me restate that, IT'S F#@CK"N AMAZING!!!!!!! I also discovered his breakdown of the track (a modest 315 tracks), a reaction video or two (one had to keep pausing playback because they were so blown away). The harmonies and modulations are so beautiful. It really is pretty amazing.

• Like 1

It’s a striking version. @Pantonal I’d love to see the breakdown.

• Editors
11 hours ago, Pantonal said:

I discovered this video yesterday. It is quite simply incredible. Let me restate that, IT'S F#@CK"N AMAZING!!!!!!! I also discovered his breakdown of the track (a modest 315 tracks), a reaction video or two (one had to keep pausing playback because they were so blown away). The harmonies and modulations are so beautiful. It really is pretty amazing.

I'm so glad you're as obsessed as much as I am! I finished watching the breakdown a couple days ago. (it was a packed 2 hours 😅) It amazes me to see his approach to using the harmonies to guide the non tempo lead vocal performances by the featured artists. 

@john here it is bud.

4 hours ago, john said:

It’s a striking version. @Pantonal I’d love to see the breakdown.

Here ya go!