Your Ad Could Be Here

How do you approach marketing your music as an indie artist compared to what you’ve seen in the mainstream industry?

Hey gang,

As we all navigate our unique paths in the music industry, it's fascinating to see the different strategies each of us employs to get our music out there. I'm particularly interested in hearing from both sides of the spectrum—those who have experience with traditional marketing methods used in the mainstream industry and indie artists who've had to think outside the box.

How do you approach marketing your music as an indie artist compared to what you’ve seen in the mainstream industry?

What innovative or unconventional methods have you tried? Did they work as expected? Do you feel that being independent gives you more freedom to experiment with your marketing strategies, or does it come with its own set of challenges?

What strategies have you seen other artists using that you want to give a try with your music?

Looking forward to hearing your stories and maybe picking up a few new ideas along the way!

Cheers,

John

• Like 1

• Editors
20 hours ago, john said:

There are similarities and differences for sure. I feel the mainstream marketing approach is very much based on catering to numbers, especially when it comes to music style, length and format. I do not relate to that. Although I do believe some of the techniques and strategies they use are powerful in building connections. I tend to borrow these ideas and then try to incorporate that within my own demographic, my personal musical style and what my music should be portrayed as. 

For this current project, my wife has been helping me with doing some local fan audience market research. This will help me understand what my potential audiences already are like and how I can position my own music to these people in a friendly, interesting, sincere way. So far so good lol

• Like 2