Your Ad Could Be Here

You and Fame/Celebrity

Hi Gang

As some of the members no doubt know, despite long delays in me actually getting around to releasing music, I am keen to connect with an audience for my music, but I have never been interested in fame. At least, not since I was a teenager. I love playing, being on stage, connecting with an audience, and I am perfectly happy with making a living from music, but I am definitely not interested in the whole cult of celebrity.

I had a very, very minor taste of what it must be like, getting recognised when out for a meal or a drink, or at a party, with strangers staring at you, being interrupted when talking with friends, and I just didn’t enjoy it. Don’t get me wrong, I love talking to people who like my music at gigs etc. But there is a big difference between talking to people at a gig and the total evaporation of any semblance of privacy that you might have had.

How do you feel about fame/celebrity? How does it fit or not fit with your ambition for your music? I’m not just starting a topic for having a topic sake. I’m interested in discussing this and seeking out different perspectives.

Cheers

John