Your Ad Could Be Here

The East Coast Folker

• Noob

Happy to be on board and looking forward to meeting some like minded folkers.

A late starter at both performing and writing. Songwriting is a retirement project that has grown to become THE retirement project.

Edited by Ron Roach
Added some additional info
  • Like 2

• Noob
1 hour ago, john said:

Hey Ron

Welcome to Songstuff!

What sort of folk are you into writing?

You mentioned the “P” word. What’s the aim of your project? :)

Cheers

John

Whatever pops out of me and my guitar is what I write, usually a story song of some sort using cowboy chords. There is, at least, a hint of Celtic in everything I do, but I am influenced by the likes of Steve Earle, John Prine, John Fogerty, and Gordon Lightfoot. In collaboration with my band mates, we have also fused some Bahamian and Raggae vibes with bagpipe and other Celtic music (loads of fun). The project (more of a program now, I guess) is to use songwriting as touchstone during retirement so I can keep learning and being productive. The ultimate aim is to record a produced album before I depart the planet. At this point, though, I am still learning the ropes while I build a compilation of songs that I perform, and share with bands, locally.

• Like 1