Your Ad Could Be Here

Another overcooked vegetable in the stew of life.

First Last

Enthused to be here and know I'll learn much. Over 40 years of writing short stories and poetry with a vast vocab, righteous rhyming skills loose and tight, meticulously metaphoric and a strong understanding of crafting words for vocal delivery. 

I am a hobbyist of words who is serious about lyricism as a skill. I've got a few AI tracks because I can't sing and have no instrumental knowledge. I have an understanding of music at a basic level though and can half-ass read sheet music. 

That said see my bio for my views on the use of AI, it ain't what you think. 

I respect musicians and always will. I just don't know any and can't afford to hire out. 

• Like 2

Welcome to Songstuff, First Last. 

Great seeing all your experiences with words, and them leading you into lyric writing.  We have a Lyrics Critique board that you might want to check out, and quite a few great articles on lyric writing in the library.    

16 minutes ago, First Last said:

We've had some interesting AI discussions here on the boards, if you interested...even better yet start a new one in the Music Lounge with your perspective. 

If you have any questions about the boards just ask.

Peggy

On 9/30/2024 at 11:27 PM, First Last said:

Enthused to be here and know I'll learn much. Over 40 years of writing short stories and poetry with a vast vocab, righteous rhyming skills loose and tight, meticulously metaphoric and a strong understanding of crafting words for vocal delivery. 

I am a hobbyist of words who is serious about lyricism as a skill. I've got a few AI tracks because I can't sing and have no instrumental knowledge. I have an understanding of music at a basic level though and can half-ass read sheet music. 

I respect musicians and always will. I just don't know any and can't afford to hire out. 

Hi and a big welcome to the Songstuff community!