Your Ad Could Be Here

SS lyrics are exceptional

Over the last few months I have been consistently surprised at how busy the lyric area is. The only thing that amazes me more is the high quality of the work there. The quality of our member's lyrics has become exceptional I think. Is this a result of the forum itself? It must be a contributing factor at least. It seems to function partly as a workshop, with many writers having useful input.

In fact it’s so busy that I can’t keep up with it. I try to look at everything, but always seem to be a few days behind.

Over the last few months I have been consistently surprised at how busy the lyric area is. The only thing that amazes me more is the high quality of the work there. The quality of our member's lyrics has become exceptional I think. Is this a result of the forum itself? It must be a contributing factor at least. It seems to function partly as a workshop, with many writers having useful input.

In fact it’s so busy that I can’t keep up with it. I try to look at everything, but always seem to be a few days behind.

I think that the songwriting assignment, and to a lesser extent the monthly contest, has helped a lot.

This is obviously your excuse for not looking at my latest lyrics :D

Hey

I agree Rudi, there are lots of great writers here, some alround talented musicians. I also think the number of members we have who started their own labels, and who are releasing albums is unusually high for the total number of members.

Songstuff on the whole is about improving understanding, so I guess its a reasonable place for writers. The honesty of the member critiques probably scares away the faint hearted and those who just want a pat on the back. I think that's partly why uptake on membership isn't as high as it should be considering the site traffic. We can get high numbers of lurkers though, I guess it makes interesting reading...

Cheers

John

Week 2

Pinned right at the top Rudi :rolleyes:

I see. But this is quite new. It doesnt account for the body of work Ive seen.

The honesty of the member critiques probably scares away the faint hearted and those who just want a pat on the back. I

We rarely see too much outright criticism. We are still too polite I think. As for lurkers, I suspect we are being plundered now & again.

Rudi

You're probably right about: too polite or a little too nice. Then again in general it seems to work. The writers improve bit by bit and there is very little offense taken by any of the lyric board users which keeps a healthy positive vibe.

It's easy to overwhelm someone, if not put them off entirely when they are new to writing. There are always positives to be found too, even if it's just the fact that it stops ;) After all, it's more important that they improve, than for me to feel like I got all my points across

On the whole I think we are a bit polite about it, but at least it's not an open war zone like some sites. :)

Just my take anyway.

Cheers

John

I posted a lyric today for the 'earth assignment'.

A thought occurs. If this is to be an ongoing feature, wouldnt it be better to place the assignment lyrics in its own area? Say a child board within 'lyrics'? Especially since that area is so busy at present.