Your Ad Could Be Here

War War War

A Poem that Drank the Planets Out of the Sky

By

Wolf Larsen

As the world marches forward into world war three I write a poem, as the land opens its legs to the falling nuclear missiles I make love to you on a huge white page of loudness (the words touching and touching our nakedness like a roar), and we proudly hold up our baby to sacrifice for the approaching mushroom clouds and we smile and smile like shipwrecks at each other and the composers smile like hundreds of monsters sleeping on your tongue and the composers laugh like every fantastic nightmare you have ever touched, in contemporary baroque I unite six billion voices singing their own eulogy, on beautiful sunny days all the flowers are reciting the last words of the human race

Copyright 2004 by Wolf Larsen

uhh wolf?

That is one sentence man. Periods are free here...unless John raised the prices.

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah the periods - can't find them - the words jump across the synapses of my brain and leap out unto the page. My grammar school teacher might complain, but she's been dead a long time now. Back in school I never listened to her anyway.

Thank you Bitstream. I am self-educated. I do not know what "soliloquium" means. People assume I have the entire Webster dictionary in my head, but actually I'm better at making up words. But thank you nevertheless!

Cheers!

Wolf Larsen

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty good prose poem Wolflarsen. The images and word choice were great. the only problem I had is that the lack of punctuation in this poem made it harder to read and possibly took away from the effectiveness of the poem even though it was very effective as is.

Da Prophecy

Excellent work Wolf, some of your best methinks

• 4 weeks later...

Archived