Your Ad Could Be Here

Behringer

• Noob
I have just been to Behringer.com They have a huge array of stomp boxes for guitar and Bass. Anybody ever used them? The prices seem to be very reasonable indeed. Having been more than a little disapointed with my Boss GT5. I was wondering whether to go back to seperate stomp boxes!

I don't have any stomp boxes, but I have the V-Amp Pro. Although it hasn't given me any problems, I hardly turn it on anymore. I like the Line6 tones and interface a bit better - I have the TonePort and PodXT.

Behringer, from what I understand, has improved in quality (own a dedicated factory in China now) over the last year or so, but unfortunately that's going to be a bit of an uphill battle for them to shake the bad quality back in the late nineties and early 2000's...

D

Whats up with the GT5 Steve? Ive been gigging mine for years.

I think it's crap. And that's just the good points! I have buggered about with it on and off for years, but I've yet to get more than 3 decent sounds out of it. I've never gigged mine so maybe it's OK live, but for recording D.I. it's useless!

I think it's crap. And that's just the good points! I have buggered about with it on and off for years, but I've yet to get more than 3 decent sounds out of it. I've never gigged mine so maybe it's OK live, but for recording D.I. it's useless!

Is that Direct Input? I have about 6 patches that I made for stage work. If you ever want to try any, let me know. Though you have humbucker pickups on your guitar, so that cant help.

Is there a user forum for Behringer gear? Might be worth checking. Or what about Danelectro boxes?

Edited by Rudi

In general, I think Behringer delivers quality stuff to reasonable prices. I've only owned a mixer and tried out some of their PA solutions, but in general I get a good impression.

I can warmly reccommend the Digitech GNX series for guitar, though - most of Serendipity is recorded with this one.

Is that Direct Input? I have about 6 patches that I made for stage work. If you ever want to try any, let me know. Though you have humbucker pickups on your guitar, so that cant help.

Is there a user forum for Behringer gear? Might be worth checking. Or what about Danelectro boxes?

I also have a strat copy which does sound better. But I'm still not happy with it!

• 5 months later...

No, no Behringer forums (Makes you wonder why? Plus they never seems to show up in the guitar player's buying guide!). Having said that, I've got a B X-Vamp pedal and it's got some really cool sounds (and in stereo too!) for less than $100.0 (but it's got a plastic case...;>(

I also have a Spider 3 combo amp and a Digitech RP150 pedal and overall, the 'different' sounds are the same. All good, but you'll never find a tube amp in there...

If you compare the B's pedal catalog to Boss, you'll be surprised at the similarity. Both have a vast (& similar) selection.

• 4 weeks later...

Have you tried harmony central for reviews? I usually find what I'm looking for on there...

As for Danelectro - avoid the uber cheap ones like the plague! I hear TERRIBLE things about them... I think it's the FAB range or something... Their other stuff however, I quite like from what I've seen... I own a BackTalk Reverse Delay pedal, which it great fun - the most annoying sounds on the planet can be generated with this pedal! You can also get good sounds if you try more than 11 on each setting ;)

I also bought a Honeytone Mini amp for use over the summer and here in halls when I wanna crank it up with headphones :S It's brilliant! It;s got a really nice kinda vintage sound to it, makes me play White Stripes and Kyuss mostly! However offspring and the like don't ound so good, I'm thinking of gtting a mini marshall to do that... :)

Good luck with the new pedal hunt :) I love 'em myself, apart from the over whelming urge to spend, spend, spend! :P

Rohan