Your Ad Could Be Here

Online music services

Hi

Has any used any online music services that they would recommend? What benefit were they? Were they value for money?

Cheers

John

Hi John,

I suppose that by Online music services you mean OMDs (I think that's the more widely accepted term).

If you meant something different, then my answers will not be very meaningful :)

My experience is this domain is limited to MP3.com (RIP) and InterConnected.

"What benefit were they? "

Exposure, to parts of the world I would have never reached otherwise.

Contacts, which leads to collaborations, which is a very good experience too.

Otherwise, most of my "fans" were put off by adverts and the fact that you had to register to listen on MP3.com. With InterConnected, these two issues are solved, so I do expect more people will actually listen to my online tracks.

"Were they value for money? "

When I signed for MP3.com, it was free, so that's good "bang for the buck".

My current OMD (InterConnected) is free too (with a limit of 10 songs) *and* allows deep linking, which means my own site can allow streaming transparently for the users.

And you can't beat the price :)

So I can definitely recommend IC. Apart from your time, you have nothing to lose anyway.

I, too, would be interested in reading other users' experiences and feedback.

Didier

Thanks for the info Didier!

You're welcome.

I just created my own account there, seems like a decent place.

I think it is. Time will tell how it evolves.

If you post in the forums (it is customary to post for new users on IC, once the account is up and running), I will recognise your name (unless you take another nickname on IC), and say hello :)

Didier

• Noob
You're welcome.

I think it is. Time will tell how it evolves.

If you post in the forums (it is customary to post for new users on IC, once the account is up and running), I will recognise your name (unless you take another nickname on IC), and say hello :)

Didier

Oki, i just did  :)

I have the same nick there also, as everywhere else!

Cheers

Mikael

Hi Guys

Yep, please continue to post here! :o

Although if you feel you must tell others about Songstuff, please feel free to post on other boards! ;)

Cheers

John

Hey Didier

Just to let you know I also signed up, for an artist account and for the forum. 8)

Cheers

John

The sites, and forums compliment each other quite well...

Hi Didier

To be honest the ones I have had experience of are either gone, very bad, or both!

Vitaminic - complete crap

Ampcast - no free service, very little artist support

Recently I've been bombarded by OMD spam. So far the only decent one I've found is IC, thanks for the recommendation.

There are a couple of support sites, non-OMD, but I'll hold on any comment just yet...

Cheers

John