Your Ad Could Be Here

Howdy!

WitchDr

• Noob

Nice forum you got here. People seem more likely to be friendly and supportive than snide and destructive (like the majority of the internet).

I'm a late-blooming singer/songwriter who favors old-time country and traditional, folk-y acoustic music. I play out when I can, doing almost all covers. But I do throw in some originals when it feels right.

I love playing music, but find my time is limited by my 9-5 job and the usual trappings of that lifestyle (stuff like yardwork, housekeeping, and of course kids; a 16 y.o. daughter, a 2 y.o. son and a baby on the way). The subject of music time vs. family time will probably be my next post.

I'm really interested in songwriting, mainly improving my own, especially composing. I also need to develop my guitar playing and home recording skills. Songstuff looks like a good place to call on for those kinds of things. From what I've read so far, there are some experienced, talented, and successful people on this forum.

Incidentally, I work for Harman Music Group as a technical writer. I create the manuals for Digitech, Lexicon, dbx and BSS products. Some people find that fact interesting, others say, "Aw, that's too bad." :P Either way, if you have any questions about gear, just ask. I'm no shill, but I will rave about stuff I like. I'll take a more diplomatic approach regarding stuff I don't like. :)

Here's my myspace: www.myspace.com/petewitcher

Looking forward to shooting the breeze with you!

Pete