Your Ad Could Be Here

Hello Tazco Here (aka, Jerry Johansen) My Intro

tazco

• Noob

Hello Everyone.

tazco is my handle. My name is Jerry Johansen. I'm live in Southern California...born and raised. I'm 48 yrs old and have been playing playing piano for about 40 years. I play all the time...been in bands, played some bar gigs, weddings, parties, etc. I enjoy getting together with other musicans and seeing what happens. I always learn something new. Might get out and do some more gigging again.

I play a wide variety: classical, rock, classic rock, pop, jazz blues....play by ear, read score, love to play from fake books, know a good deal of music theory, which does come in handy once in a while.

I improvise / write my own stuff once in a while and have just started to get into recording.

I was impressed with some of the lyrics and poetry posted here and also am looking for ways to learn about what others who are or were in my situation are doing. I play constantly and always will...but what next? Dunno. Am starting to explore a bit.

Say "hi" if you'd like. Thanks for listening....

Jerry

Hey Jerry

Welcome to Songstuff music forum! Glad to see you finally made it :)

I'm biased, but I agree I think we have some excellent writers here. Do you do much writing?

There are some excellent threads about writing and musicianship, so enjoy poking about :)

Cheers

John

• 11 months later...
  • Noob

Hi Jerry my name is Matt I play bass in a new jazz, adult contemporary band here in Orange county. I found you originally in Bandmix.com but you didn't list an email address and they charge 10.00 a month for contact privleges. So I Googled Tazco and found you here. We're looking for a keyboard player to help us back a vocalist covering tunes by Sade, Diana Krall, Brenda Russell, etc. The intent is to build an appealing, solid repertoire and get gigs in local and regional venues and events. We need someone with availability to rehearse at least once a week and gig on weekends. Do you have your own keyboard, what brand/model? Let me know as soon as possible if you're instersted. We're auditioning a vocalist next weekend and I'd like to be able to do it with full keyboard accompaniment. Thanks. Hope to hear from you soon.

Welcome Jerry

I am getting some good response on my lyrics so I know that you will find what you are looking for here too. I am a lyricist and can probably write some modern stuff to fit jazz formats. So if you get a band together let me know. I am from Vancouver originally but currently in Istanbul.

Good luck. There is a lot of positive energy happening here.