Your Ad Could Be Here

8 Guitar Solos That Changed The World?

Steve

Hey

Just looking at the Skynyrd entry... he doesn't actually say Rossington wrote the song, just that he played the solo. Which is interesting because it's a dual solo. :D The album came out in 73, not 74. It was the single that came out in 74. That said, Rossingtons contribution was really the slide part (which he did write), Collins wrote more or less the rest (depending on version, Ed King also did some solo work).

Sad, ain't I?

Cheers

John

I agree 100% Rudi, my main problem with this particular list is it is filled with inaccurate information and touted as fact, if you want to make a list of people that play a particular instrument, make sure the people on your list play that instrument or count on dissidents like me to call it horse crackers :D.

I agree, that anyone could make said list and the answers would always be different, in fact I think there is another thread herebouts doing just that, and it does have the result you speak of, opening others up to things you think are "The Greatest"...

• 4 weeks later...

Hm... Freebird didn't need a solo to become a "classic" as the title of the article suggests. Nor did Light my Fire by the Doors, which I didn't even remember having a solo. Hahaha-- meh, I try not to look at such lists as put out by guitar sites or magazines because I never agree.

Hm... Freebird didn't need a solo to become a "classic" as the title of the article suggests. Nor did Light my Fire by the Doors, which I didn't even remember having a solo. Hahaha-- meh, I try not to look at such lists as put out by guitar sites or magazines because I never agree.

I'm sure these lists are put out to encourage debate and interaction, which is the reason I posted it in the first place! :) I do like to see other peoples views on these things! In another thread, also about great guitar solos, there were some wonderfull examples posted!

2) "Bohemian Rhapsody" - In my mind, that song has always represented the prime example of what can actually be done vocally, with a song, in the studio. Not that the guitar work isn't great, but the guitar would be the last focal point I'd ever pick for that tune.

Oh well, they didn't ask me.

Yeh. I think Brighton Rock had a better solo.

I was listening to 'The Pusher' from Easy rider yesterday. That's a pretty good feeling guitar part!