Your Ad Could Be Here

Anyone still using DAT?

My little Aiwa portable is nearing the end of its lifespan. What great times we've had!!  :D

Anyway - is it worth me just digitally transferring everything to HardDisk/CD and thereafter not bothering with tape-based media? Just CD/R?!

I'll kinda miss the rewind times...  ::)

BS

Yeah OK...guitar?

it might get me more groupies...here's the well-known groupie hierarchy....speaking from *real* experience....

SINGER

BACKING SINGER

SAX PLAYER

LEAD GUITARIST

ASSORTED BRASS PLAYER

RHYTHM GUITARIST

BONGO PLAYER

DRUMMER

DRUMMER'S MATE

BASS PLAYER

BASS PLAYER'S TWO MATES YOU'VE NEVER SEEN B4

TAMBOURINE PLAYER

MORE OF THE DRUMMER'S AND BASS PLAYER'S FRIENDS

DRUG RUNNER

ANNOUNCER

SPARK

SYNTH SHOP OWNER

SYNTH PLAYER

Yeh, I agree. I made the mistake of buying a HIFI sized DAT machine many moons ago under the impression that it would last longer. However in todays DVD/RW days where a CD recorder can be found in a Xmas cracker, it isn't much use. If I had bought a personal DAT that can be popped into a pocket I could be walking along the road recording loadsa stuff that could be later popped into the DAW for processing. The sound of a traffic jam played underneath bagpipe music. Yeah cool baby.

D

The sound of a traffic jam played underneath bagpipe music. Yeah cool baby.

D

Yeah my little AIWAs done plenty of that kind of recording in its time. But I've got Minidisc for that now. Much easier on the old batteries amongst other things. OK, so not 44.1KHz raw audio, but for bagpipes stuck in traffic...

...and you know what they say. Minidisc, big ****.

BS