Your Ad Could Be Here

Advice? Want To Teach Music Tech Freelance...

Hi folks

I've just finished my MSC in Music Engineering and Production (hoping for a distinction), and while I set about establishing some income streams, I thought one avenue to explore would be that of freelance teaching of music technology. I thought I might put ads up in local Universities, record/music shops offering help with:

- getting started with home recording

- exploring the potential of your software (focusing on Cubase, Ableton Live, Reason and others)

- organising and backing up your DAW

- developing working methods

- basics of digital music tech

... stuff like that. Basically I find that a lot of people can't bear to read manuals, so it might help if they can pay someone to get them started/solve problems instead.

This is purely an idea so far, so I was hoping to canvas some advice/suggestions about doing this. How much should I charge? I note that the Musician's Union (I'm a member) recommends that the rate for private teaching should be £25.40 - I guess I would try and charge this?

I'm not planning on setting up a teaching business or anything, but this is intended to earn a few quid while I get myself sorted.

Constructive comments gratefully received!

Muddy

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...