And the air changes

You never see it

You never hear it

But you know it

Don't let me go

-Norman Maser 1/23/2008

I'd drop the "windows of the soul" line as it is way too cliche

I might replace the last line with the single word "Sing."

Kenny, I think these are good suggestions, and reflect a good ear for consistent meaning and tone. I actually changed the last line when I posted it, and I am now changing it back to it's original form, which you may find no more satisfying.

I am not making the changes you suggest, only because the poetry I post here is generally stream of thought poetry that I write through from my thoughts and feeling in a single unedited draft. It's a record of my thoughts of the moment, rather than a project that I want to perfect. I will write and rewrite lyrics till the cows come home, trying to make it perfect, even though it never is. But my poetry is raw and imperfect, like me.

Kenny, I think these are good suggestions, and reflect a good ear for consistent meaning and tone. I actually changed the last line when I posted it, and I am now changing it back to it's original form, which you may find no more satisfying.

I am not making the changes you suggest, only because the poetry I post here is generally stream of thought poetry that I write through from my thoughts and feeling in a single unedited draft. It's a record of my thoughts of the moment, rather than a project that I want to perfect. I will write and rewrite lyrics till the cows come home, trying to make it perfect, even though it never is. But my poetry is raw and imperfect, like me.

No problem Norm. I can't help but make suggestions :) but in the end the poem, or lyric or song belongs to the writer.

KAC

Archived